Established Member

Household Bank Platinum MasterCard

I did the pre qualify app and I was pre approved the Platinum Card.

They ran a soft inquiry on EX. I just took out a personal loan from my bank and my EX FICO they said was a 630.

My question is what kind of limit should I expect, I don't want to waste an inquiry if their only gonna give me under $1000 credit line.

Also, which CC might give me a $1000+ line with my EX FICO score of 630?

I am rebuilding credit so I have a lot of old negative accounts which was included in my BK back in 2004.

My current accounts:

Sovereign auto loan: 1 year utd 14K balance

Credit one bank CC $300 credit line 7 months old: $80 balance

Citi auto loan: 2 months old 12K balance

Citi line of credit: 2 months old 1k credit line with $250 balance

Citi personal loan: 1 month old: borrowed $2400 with $2200 balance. 

Last negative put on my EX was back in 2008.

I have perfect history for the last 18 months.

Senior Contributor

Re: Household Bank Platinum MasterCard

That is HSBC,   not likely to be over $500 if that.  

Established Contributor

+1

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 46.5k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2k
Senior Contributor

Wolf3 wrote:

That is HSBC,   not likely to be over $500 if that.  

Well, aren't we the optimist tday?  Smiley Happy

I wouldn't say any higher than $300.  Household is really Orchard.  Same monkey, different dress.

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor

_123_ wrote:

I did the pre qualify app and I was pre approved the Platinum Card.

They ran a soft inquiry on EX. I just took out a personal loan from my bank and my EX FICO they said was a 630.

My question is what kind of limit should I expect, I don't want to waste an inquiry if their only gonna give me under $1000 credit line.

Also, which CC might give me a $1000+ line with my EX FICO score of 630?

I am rebuilding credit so I have a lot of old negative accounts which was included in my BK back in 2004.

My current accounts:

Sovereign auto loan: 1 year utd 14K balance

Credit one bank CC $300 credit line 7 months old: $80 balance

Citi auto loan: 2 months old 12K balance

Citi line of credit: 2 months old 1k credit line with $250 balance

Citi personal loan: 1 month old: borrowed $2400 with $2200 balance. 

Last negative put on my EX was back in 2008.

I have perfect history for the last 18 months.

The bankruptcy may not be an overall factor, but combined with lates that followed the bankruptcy I think you're going to to find it tough.  All of your current positive tradelines are less than a year old.  And a 630 is not really so hot.

Unless you can somehow get in with Navy Federal, I think it will be difficult for you to get $1,000 in unsecured credit with a prime lender.  Unfortunately 18 good months are not enough to wash away many years of negatives.

IAALBNYL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.