Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank Rewards MasterCards 2% Cash Back

tag
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Household Bank Rewards MasterCards 2% Cash Back

http://www.householdbank.com/ecare/cards?docId=Cards_Tab_data_cards_hb_sp5_xml&WT.svl=400

Keep in mind that there are rumors that HSBC is going either sell its portfolio (Cap1 or WF) or shut it down.

I personally pass it up.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Re: Household Bank Rewards MasterCards 2% Cash Back

i have two of these cards although it says orchard bank premium platinum card 2 percent cash back apr is 14 percent and i have built these credit line for 3 years and they are both at 8000 a piece.  you can really grow with these cards these cards are better then a couple of my other cards  i really hope hsbc would stay as a company but it dosent look that way.  if anyone buys them i hope its capital one. oh these cards have no af as well

Message 2 of 18
wmarat
Valued Contributor

My lowest CL is $10000

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

i have two of these cards although it says orchard bank premium platinum card 2 percent cash back apr is 14 percent and i have built these credit line for 3 years and they are both at 8000 a piece.  you can really grow with these cards these cards are better then a couple of my other cards  i really hope hsbc would stay as a company but it dosent look that way.  if anyone buys them i hope its capital one. oh these cards have no af as well

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I applied and just recieived mine.    The rewards are good for rebuilders.  I transistioning from secured cards to unsecured cards.

I decided to get it because they are for sale and I might end up with a better bank.

Message 4 of 18
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

well its really 16000 with the bank because i have two of them

Message 5 of 18
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

I applied and just recieived mine.    The rewards are good for rebuilders.  I transistioning from secured cards to unsecured cards.

I decided to get it because they are for sale and I might end up with a better bank.

1. Congrats.

2. Mind share CL and what they pull

3. Better bank? Which one u consider better Crap 1 or Wells Fargo?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 18
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

well its really 16000 with the bank because i have two of them

Let's not to play in whose is bigger.

Main point is that HSBC is known for giving low initial credit limits and being dificult regarding CLI requests.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 7 of 18
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

yeah i started out with 750 on both 3 years ago and worked my way up and got gonerous increases throughtout the last 3 years.  i hope its cap one becuase i already have a wells fargo card and 2 with chase. maybe they can move me to there venture card i heard that was a really good card

Message 8 of 18
Cranston
Established Member

@wmarat wrote:

3. Better bank? Which one u consider better Crap 1 or Wells Fargo?

I hope its Wells, I have tried Cap 1 in 2 different countries and I dont like them.

Message 9 of 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Cranston wrote:

I hope its Wells, I have tried Cap 1 in 2 different countries and I dont like them.

+1.

I hope its WF as well.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.