cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank Rewards Mastercard - is this new????

tag
TanterBeans
New Contributor

Household Bank Rewards Mastercard - is this new????

Hi All!

Okay, have I been living under a rock because I don't remember ever seeing this as a product when I logged into householdbank.com?

I've had their platinum mastercard for about 5 years and really don't think I've seen any other card there?

Has anyone see this card before? Am I losing my mind? (it's quite possible!)

It's being offered as:

The Household Bank Rewards MasterCard is a good choice to make if you have fair credit. This card features:

• A 0% Introductory APR on credit card purchases for 9 months. After that, a variable Purchase APR of 19.90% APR.
  • 2% Cash Back rewards on credit card purchases
  • The Platinum MasterCard benefits package
  • Internet access to manage your account at your convenience
  • Choice of plastic design to suit your style
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Household Bank Rewards Mastercard - is this new????

@TanterBeans wrote:

Hi All!

Okay, have I been living under a rock because I don't remember ever seeing this as a product when I logged into householdbank.com?

I've had their platinum mastercard for about 5 years and really don't think I've seen any other card there?

Has anyone see this card before? Am I losing my mind? (it's quite possible!)

It's being offered as:

The Household Bank Rewards MasterCard is a good choice to make if you have fair credit. This card features:

• A 0% Introductory APR on credit card purchases for 9 months. After that, a variable Purchase APR of 19.90% APR.
  • 2% Cash Back rewards on credit card purchases
  • The Platinum MasterCard benefits package
  • Internet access to manage your account at your convenience
  • Choice of plastic design to suit your style

It's been around for a while.  I believe there's an AF associated with it so it limits the rewards for you a bit.

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 15
blaknnj

Yes, this is a new card.  I just went to their web site yesterday and there was only the one card there...the one I have now and the one you have as well.  I read your post and went to the website just now and they are offering both the old card we have as well as this "new" card. I even did the pre-qual just out of curiousity and they offered me the "new" card with the inro APR of 0% for 9 months and NO AF.

So I beleive this just may well be a new card they are offering, although the card I have with them now also has a 2% cash back on all puchases.  Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 602
Current Score: 673
Goal Score: 755

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

A "Household Bank Rewards Mastercard?!"   Is this an oxymoron or something?  :/

Message 4 of 15
chan85
Established Contributor

I have had the 2% rewards card woth Orchard Bank since around August of last year, but it has a AF, and there was no 0% offer! It's at a $300 limit so I had to be really dilegent with payments and scheduling to use it to get the most out of it. I have earned about $100 so far, which cover the AF but it was such a hassle having to basically make a payment everyday to be sure I had available credit and they kept putting holds on my payments for like 2 weeks at a time. I had to call about 3 times for sepearate payment holds and go OFF before they would call my bank and verify the funds had cleared. I just cahsed out my last bit of rewards and will call to get the fee waived when its about to bill and if they won't, it will be closed.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 5 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

It just like HSBC 2% weekender MC  a couple of years. I tried it today. They offered me HSBC secured when I have both HSBC RZMC Platinum with no AF and Platinum Cash back with no AF.Smiley Very Happy

Ron.

Message 6 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

In the term, it says for AF, you are either getting,

* No AF, or

* No AF for first year, then $39 afterwards, or

* AF of $39

Message 7 of 15
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

For people rebuilding,  the secured version of this is a very good deal. 2% rewards, no AF first year.   

Message 8 of 15
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Anybody have a link? I only see the platinum MC, regular MC, and secured.
Message 9 of 15
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Nevermind, found it. Is this pre-qual also a soft?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.