Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank just gave me my second CL Increase this year, both unsolicited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Household Bank just gave me my second CL Increase this year, both unsolicited

CL Started at $750 in 2008, 6 months later they increased it to $950 (per my request), then late last year after I paid it off to a 0 balance I asked for another increase but was denied (assuming this was in the credit reform period) then out of nowhere in March I was given an increase to $1150 and today as I went online to check my balance and make a payment I noticed my limit had been increased to $1350 (again without me requesting it).  I think I read on here recently that someone said Household was not giving increases for the next 9 months or so, apparently this was incorrect information.  I wanted to share this with the other Household Card Owners who may need a word of encouragement, hang in there, if you've worked hard to rebuild your credit the credit card companies are still giving out increases.

SN:  I already had a Capital One card with a $1250 CL with a $39 AMF.  I was told they werent giving increases anymore since the later part of last year.  I paid that card off and let it sit there, two weeks ago I received a new Capital One Card in the mail....0% APR til April of 2011 and 0 AMF.  It was only for $1000 but thats $2250 between the two cards, so things are looking really great for me right now!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Re: Household Bank just gave me my second CL Increase this year, both unsolicited

Congratulations! Smiley Very Happy

I forget but isn't Household Bank associated with HSBC? If so, my HSBC 2% mastercard is about 8 months old with a credit limit of $320. I just paid off the remaining balance this morning and wondering if I should dare to attempt making a request for a credit line increase next week or if I should wait on that a little and get my utilization way down before making such a request. For many months my utilization hovered around the 4% - 9% mark until I purchased an engagement ring a month ago and totally maxed out my credit line at Jareds. And with Macy's and Bloomingdale's not reporting credit limits anymore, Ouch!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Household Bank just gave me my second CL Increase this year, both unsolicited

congrats.  They are both hard to get anything from.

I can't remember last time HSBC gave me anything.

Cap One did make my starter card a cash rewards cardSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too just received an auto cli without requesting from HSBC. It is now $500 from $300. I also received my second card from them for $300 with 2% cash back. Not the greatest limits but increasing. 

EQ - 612 TU - ? EX/fako - 630

Message 4 of 7
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I've had their Platinum card for 1.5 years now & no increase. I'm still sitting on $300.00 If I don't get any increase by next April 2011 when the AF is due, I'm firing them !!

Message 5 of 7
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. Thats good to know. I'm looking for an increase pretty soon.

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 6 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I had to ask.  I have their no annual fee Household Platinum Rewards card.  I have had it for 10 months and they gave me a whopping $200 increase.  This now matches my Capital One account which has been open for over a year and a half.  I asked them for $3000, since I just got a new card with a $2500 limit.  The good thing about the Household card and Capone card is that there are no international transaction fees.  (This can save some money.)  I hope now they will start increasing my limit on their own.  (I don't know at this point if they are using Capone policies or HSBC policies, as Capone policies do not favor customer initiated CLI's for subprime cards.  My Household account is classified as near prime and it is different than Orchard Cards.  Hence, no annual fee and rewards!) 

Credit Scores are important for this process, learn the facts about credit scores.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.