cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household MC & VIsa - Can they be combined?

tag
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

Household MC & VIsa - Can they be combined?

Household Visa = $1400 CL/19.99% /AF $39.00

Household MC = $1500 CL/19.99%/  AF  $39.00ish

I've had both of these for about four or five years now.    Does Household Bank ever let you combine a Visa and an MC?

Visa stays in SD and I rarely use it.   MC I rotate a larger purchase here and there on it.  Let it report the following month and then pay it off.

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Household MC & VIsa - Can they be combined?

IMO, i dont think so

i know HSBC is Big world Bank !!

but they are kinda hard Bank to negotiate, especially since all the people who work there just read the script !!! compared to Amex Customer Service is NOTHING !! in AMEX all people who pick up your call can make decision right away without script and blah blah blahhhhh

Message 2 of 4
rom828
Established Contributor

I combined mine a year or so ago without too much difficulty.

I contacted customer service and was sent out a form for completion and signature  requesting the cards be combined.

Shortly after I returned it, they closed the MC and I kept the Visa (my choice).

I'd read some posts here that advised when combining you might lose some of the CL, but I retained the full amount of the CLs($1390 & $1350)  on the one remaining card ($2740) and have  since got auto increase to $2940.

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 3 of 4
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

I just got off the phone with customer care (1-800-771-7339 )

He states that since March of this year Household Bank is not:

1) doing any CL increases
2) will no longer combine cards

3) can't lower my rates  (this was without even checking my cr - he said 19.99% is already low... huh???)

I asked if he had someone I could escalate this to and he said no. 

Unless anyone else has some backdoor number I guess I am SOL.

I think I am just going to stop bothering using them at all and dump them in the SD.  I just paid off the AF's so I'll keep them open for another year and then reevaluate

then if I will fire them for good.  

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.