Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household income?

tag
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

Household income?

On the chase app it says household income.... What do they mean by household?
Like is it me and my parents? Or.... So confused
PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Household income?

I believe they mean your significant other.....Parents wont cut it lol

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gornet wrote:
On the chase app it says household income.... What do they mean by household?
Like is it me and my parents? Or.... So confused

It could be interpreted that way.

What they really mean is Income available to you for repayment. So say your income and your spouse's if filing jointly, or your income and half of spouse's income if filing seperate. Undershoot it a little.

Our HHI for the last year has been over $100,000, I tend to put between $70,000 and $75,000 on apps since our the year's gross before that wasn't quite as high. Something I can easily prove with bank statements and Tax Docs.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banks/lenders only want to know the income that would be used to repay the debt commitment. So if your parents will be paying your credit card you would be safe using their income also. If you are planning on paying for your own credit card, you should only list income generated by you.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm... only if I could put my parents income as household income... I wouldn't have any problem applying and get accepted for any credit cards except amex centurion Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 17
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

So like I can put like 900k?
Wouldn't that trigger something?
I dont think my dad would be happy if I had to say I need your pay stubs because I triggered something...
My Credit story
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are you Billy Madison? Go ahead give it a shot. Sounds like you're probably not ready for credit in the first place in my not so humble opinion
Message 7 of 17
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

What?
I have had credit for a little less than a year now... They are all Amex cards (besides the ones I am AU on) so I am trying to get more variety.
My Credit story
Message 8 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I still think they mean household income as in who your file with aka partner in life.  Sure you can apply and put 900k, but be ready to provide proof or you just wasted some HP's and I still hightly doubt if that is your parents income that will work.  Just be authorized users on there accounts if they pay your bills anyways from previous posts until you get a job that can justify it.  Just my 2 cents.

Message 9 of 17
Berk
Established Contributor

They only mean your income. Unless, of course, you have some legal control over your parent's income or they are willing to repay your debts. Of course, you are already an AU on some accounts so someone has agreed to assume your debt. Cut the apron strings and go for it on your own. Just be patient about it. Enjoy the journey.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.