Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Household was good to me....

So I am in the rebuilding stage of my credit. I have two CC on my report that went to collections and 3-4 collections accounts (all paid). Since then I have been an AU on two cards that have good Util (about 13k combined limit with only $300 balance), I opened a car loan (co-signed) and a macys department store card, both in Jan 09.

I was happy because I ran my CR on myfico and it said my EQ was up to a 662 (woohoo). I thought I could now apply for my own CC (no AU) and get approved. I was sadly mistaken when I applied at two different places and was denied at both. One of those being my CU (where I have my car loan)

I figured I would try one more place. My frown was turned upside down when I tried Households pre-approval website and they said they had something for me. I applied and got a $750 credit limit with $39 AF. Does anyone know how Household is with CLI? 

I still wonder why this may be the case because one of the CC that I defaulted on (sent to collections) was an HSBC card. Why would they approve me? Isn't Household backed by HSBC? 

Epic Contributor

Re: Household was good to me....

They forgive once!

congrats on your new card.

some people get decent regular CLI from household and others can't get past the $100 increases. 

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
New Contributor

Well thats good to know that they forgive.

Is that really the case? or is my case an isolated one?

Epic Contributor

I had household in my ch 7 and they gave me a card right after I filed. actually 3 cards!
Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Contributor

Depending on the time that has past since they charged off your account, you could re-open a new account.  There are a few members on this board that have gone through charged off accounts and BKs and were able to open up new accounts with those creditors in the future.

New Contributor

thanks for everyone's input
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.