Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Accurate Are US Bank Pre-qualifies?

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

How Accurate Are US Bank Pre-qualifies?

Afternoon All,  

I'm interested in saving 5% on my monthly $350.00 verizon wireless bill so I went to the U.S. Bank site and went through their prequalify flow to see what offers they had. Several cards came up, including the Cash +..

My question is how reliable are the prequalifies? Is it your experience that their solid and normally result in approvals?  Thanks a lot. 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Accurate Are US Bank Pre-qualifies?

@RSCo wrote:

Afternoon All,  

I'm interested in saving 5% on my monthly $350.00 verizon wireless bill so I went to the U.S. Bank site and went through their prequalify flow to see what offers they had. Several cards came up, including the Cash +..

My question is how reliable are the prequalifies? Is it your experience that their solid and normally result in approvals?  Thanks a lot. 

Not sure, got a pre-approva in mail and it was golden... With your scores though you can have any credit card you want pretty much..  Go for what you want and enjoy

Message 2 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Their pre qualifier is pretty useless. With a clean report Cash+ isn't too hard to get anymore though, if you want it go for it. If you happen to get declined or approved for the lower tier card they have been decent with reconsideration.
Message 3 of 8
RSCo
Established Contributor

Thanks guys for the feedback.. Have a great night...

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was prequalified for US bank and was rejected. My brother banks there, has lots of credit there, and he's a user on two of my gas cards  After poking around usbank seems to not weigh from TU, which is my buddy. I settled with citi on two credit cards in 2013, and they are on my EQ and EX.

Message 5 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Don't rely on prequals. App for the card you want. Recon if needed. If you're declined, it's not the end of the world, you just try again later. Life is too short to stress over whether the prequal is right or not. It's just a credit card. If you want it go for it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it.  I spend about $500 a month on a family plan and was desperate to get this card.  My scores are nothing to write home about, I live in a state that does not have a USBank, and their preapproval site suggested I go after their prepaid debit card, and I still got the card with the minimum line.  I'm pretty much only going to use it for Verizon so I don't care about the line that much.  I will use $2000 each quarter, then sockdrawer it.  Good luck with the app, but I don't think you will need it. 

Message 7 of 8
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

My experience with US bank pre quals is that the sign up bonuses are better than the standard ones on the web site. My offers call for less spend than the regular offers so instead of spending 3K in three months, I have gotten spend $500 in three months to get the bonus on the Flex perks. I have not taken any offers so not sure how "solid" they are BUT have noticed the sign up offers are better.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.