cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Are Credit Limit Increases Determined..

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

How Are Credit Limit Increases Determined..

Lets say a bank does not do a pull of any kind and they base your CLI on performance with that particular banks card...

How do they determine what kind of increase you will get?

My CL is low 200.00 and Citi reps tell me if I am going to spend over that send in weekly checks...

So, if I send in lets say 1000 a month and use my card and PIF every month, when they give me an increase do you think it would be higher because I am charging a lot and paying it off?

Thanks  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Are Credit Limit Increases Determined..

Andy77 wrote:

Lets say a bank does not do a pull of any kind and they base your CLI on performance with that particular banks card...

How do they determine what kind of increase you will get?

My CL is low 200.00 and Citi reps tell me if I am going to spend over that send in weekly checks...

So, if I send in lets say 1000 a month and use my card and PIF every month, when they give me an increase do you think it would be higher because I am charging a lot and paying it off?

Thanks  

Hi Andy77,

Do you mean overpaying, and then charging (or attempting to) over your $200 credit limit? Or, do you mean charging up to $200 five times in a month, and paying the balance in full ($200) five times?

The reason that I'm differentiating between the two is because the former could make it appear that you're mismanaging your credit (going over the limit), which could delay or prevent your CLI goals. The latter might be managable, but I don't think that CITI allows that many payments per month. And, I think you could achieve the goal of fully utilizing your credit line and demonstrating the your need for a larger credit line by charging up to the limit (don't go over, though!) and PIFing once in a month.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.