New Visitor
sarahep85

How Do I earn CLI?

I have a few credit cards which I'm trying to reestablish my credit for the future....new home! I have a Capital One secured card, Orchard Bank (now capital one), Merrick Bank, and a couple retail store cards that were used for Christmas then paid off...target, victoria secret, walmart, and kohls. I used my first few cards regularly and carry balances, sometimes maxed out, but I read different posts about people getting CLI and I'm just curious with the cards i listed, how can I get them to raise the limit? ANyone have any experience? I pay them on time every month. ive had my cards for about 8-10 months so I'm not really sure what to expect.....

Frequent Contributor
mnavas

Re: How Do I earn CLI?

[ Edited ]

Capital one will give you a CLI (usually $100-$300) by the time you hit six months with this secured card ans unfortunally you cannot request a CLI on your own it's up to Cap 1 whether you get this Increase or not and of course you can send them more money up to $3000 and they will increase your limit. As for GE Walmart and Victoria Secret  (Comenity Bank) well you can try to request a CLI every six months on internet (if you have online access to your acc) or by phone.... The good news is all these cards will give you a CLI (if you qualify) without getting a credit hard inquiry so there's no harm to try .... I cannot tell you about Khols or Target but i think almost every creditor will ask you for 6 months of on time paymets before granting you an increase (some excemptions apply: Amex will grant you a CLI 60 days after your account is created)  Of course your're credit wothiness and income play an important  factor when requesting a CLI 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+