cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I know Secured Cards won't Show as Secured on Credit Reports ?

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: How Do I know Secured Cards won't Show as Secured on Credit Reports ?

@Bluerain wrote:

So even with a secured card they will go through my financials from one end to the other even tho my bank account has over 11g's in it ?

Uh huh. They do the same stuff no matter what. They have a check list. Bank statements, Tax returns, Asset and debts. But hey, having 12k extra after downpayment. It don't hurt at all.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 11 of 13
Ms-Kato
Contributor

cashnocredit

So when I apply for a secured card I give them my bank account info and they check? I hope they are able to check

credit unions. Shouldn't  I be able to do an electronic wire transfer ?

Another thing..I'm just as lazy with my taxes..I was 3 years behind last year and sat myself down to do them

and was able to do the 2 oldest online but for some reason last years wasn't able to go thru. I called the IRS several times

and said there isn't a problem and that it should go thru.

Long story short it never went thru so I'm behind last years ..LOL..I tried and got 2 out 3 done and gave up after all the crazy stressfull nonsense going back and

forth with the IRS for last years

So...If the credit card companies don't see last years Tax Filing will they think I'm not working ?

Message 12 of 13
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Bluerain wrote:

cashnocredit

So when I apply for a secured card I give them my bank account info and they check? I hope they are able to check

credit unions. Shouldn't  I be able to do an electronic wire transfer ?

Another thing..I'm just as lazy with my taxes..I was 3 years behind last year and sat myself down to do them

and was able to do the 2 oldest online but for some reason last years wasn't able to go thru. I called the IRS several times

and said there isn't a problem and that it should go thru.

Long story short it never went thru so I'm behind last years ..LOL..I tried and got 2 out 3 done and gave up after all the crazy stressfull nonsense going back and

forth with the IRS for last years

So...If the credit card companies don't see last years Tax Filing will they think I'm not working ?

No. It's when you get a mortgage they look at that stuff and they do not look at secured cards as negatives at all when you app for a mortgage.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.