Did you mean: 

How Do You Pay Your Credit Card?

tag
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: How Do You Pay Your Credit Card?

@megaman1 wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

I was just curious, how do you guys pay your credit card? Do you go to the bank, have it automatically withdrawn, or make manual payments etc. I know that I make multiple payments through out the month on my Chase, even though I dont max it out, I still like to have the limit available. 

With money.

Haha, dangit you beat me to it.

I do all payments manually.  I alternate leaving a balance between two of my cards but all else is PIF.

Message 11 of 28
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

I pay them with my cashSmiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 28
Haisenberg
Valued Member

I pay manually, usually 1-2 times per month.

AMEX PRG - NPSL - Macy's AMEX - $4K - Discover IT - $1K - CapitalOne Classic Platinum - $1K

FICO Scores - EQ 711 / TU 698 / EX 715 | Goal - 750+ | Next Application(s) - BCE (01/14) - Freedom/CSP - (02/14)
Message 13 of 28
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Multiple payments before the due date and before the statement cuts. I have low limits on my cards so I kinda have to do it this way so my util won't be (too) high. I pay everything manually though online and have reminders on my iPad (I use the Bills for IPad for the reminders and calendar feature) so I can keep up with due dates. I PIF all cards.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 14 of 28
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I push all my bills (even non-credit cards) through Citibanks Bill Pay.... My Citi Cards (SD'd for now) I can pay by just transferring money from my Checking to the cards themselves.... I also Pay my PNC Points (only used for OD protection, so I barely ever use it) by transferring from my Virtual Wallet Spend account to the CC. 

Bill Pay is sooo hassle free, I love it... And its simpler and gives more control than Auto-Paying, or going to each Creditors site and pulling payments. I check my Checking Accounts everyday, so I never miss a bill due. Plus Citi and each of my billers will email me when a new Bill is ready.  

Message 15 of 28
negg
Frequent Contributor

Sometimes I'll mail bag of nickels! Useally Barclays will get the bag of nickels, most of the time it's thru my bank.  

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 16 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

@megaman1 wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

I was just curious, how do you guys pay your credit card? Do you go to the bank, have it automatically withdrawn, or make manual payments etc. I know that I make multiple payments through out the month on my Chase, even though I dont max it out, I still like to have the limit available. 

With money.

This made me LOL!!

Message 17 of 28
baller4life
Super Contributor

I pull from Wells Fargo checking on each cc website. Pif before statement cut date on all but Navy Fed.
Message 18 of 28
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I sit down on the first of each month and pay them all from my checking account via the CC company website.  I generally have one I carry a balance on and PIF for the rest.

Message 19 of 28
All4One
Valued Member

Mine are set to autopay the statement balance on the due date.  I skim the charges for the month after I get the statement ready email.

Even if you plan to manually pay your cards each month, it was suggested to me to at least have an autopay set up to pay the minumum balance just in case something happened and I forgot to pay.

AMEX BCE $15k // IHG Rewards $5900 // USAA MC $3000 // AF BANK $1000
CK 774 (3/14/14) // CS FAKO 792 (3/1/14) // Quizzle 761 (1/16/14)
Last HP 3/20/14
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.