cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Have So Many People Joined NFCU?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: How Have So Many People Joined NFCU?

@atarvuzdar wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@atarvuzdar wrote:

So strange. From their website:

All Department of Defense (DoD) uniformed personnel—Army, Marine Corps, Navy and
Air Force retirees and annuitants

I would think this would apply in your case.

I'm a disabled vet also but that doesn't make either of us a retiree or the recipient of an annuity. An annuity is not the same as disability compensation.

So for now I have no way in either.

That just seems wrong on so many levels. I'm sorry. Smiley Sad

+1,000

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 31 of 79
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@atarvuzdar wrote:

It's really not something I give much thought to because at my age I (probably) have all the CC's I will apply for. But I do think about much younger disabled vets who are being denied the services offered at NFCU.

Perhaps someday soon the criteria to become a member will change. I hope so for the younger vets.

Message 32 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined PenFed last week just to get my foot in the door (in case they ever take away the donation option). Would really like to get in with NFCU since they seem to be incredible with CLs. I'll probably finance a car within the next year or two as well and was hoping to do it with one of the two.

Message 33 of 79
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@atarvuzdar wrote:

It's really not something I give much thought to because at my age I (probably) have all the CC's I will apply for. But I do think about much younger disabled vets who are being denied the services offered at NFCU.

Perhaps someday soon the criteria to become a member will change. I hope so for the younger vets.

in your situation if you were a retired vet you could join right? to my understanding if someone just served say army long ago they werent eligible but if they are us army retired they could join?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 34 of 79
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rootpooty wrote:

in your situation if you were a retired vet you could join right? to my understanding if someone just served say army long ago they werent eligible but if they are us army retired they could join?

Yes all retirees are eligible to join but unfortunately that is not my status.

Message 35 of 79
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

My son was encouraged to join one of the military-affiliated CUs by a counselor on base. Hopefully thats standard practice for current servicemembers.
CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 36 of 79
Smug
Established Contributor

LOVE NFCU visited a branch today!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 37 of 79
logan_720
Established Contributor

So, if my dad is retired Army Ranger (I think thats how you would say that) And currently works for the Dept. of Energy, does that make me eligible? Even if we don't live together?

Message 38 of 79
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@logan_720 wrote:

So, if my dad is retired Army Ranger (I think thats how you would say that) And currently works for the Dept. of Energy, does that make me eligible? Even if we don't live together?

Call them up tomorrow and ask. They are the best source to answer that question. Good luck and let us know what they say.

Message 39 of 79
logan_720
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

Call them up tomorrow and ask. They are the best source to answer that question. Good luck and let us know what they say.

Will do! Also, to open an account, such as Checking/Savings, do they do a HP?

Message 40 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.