cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Have So Many People Joined NFCU?

tag
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Have So Many People Joined NFCU?

LOL!

He's already a member of PMCU and I joined just wish I had known about NFCU at the time. 

Message 61 of 79
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

There's no limit on the number of CUs you can join.  You should ask him to join as a favor to you for Mother's Day. Smiley Wink

Message 62 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

I have a son in the marines but my problem is he is not a member of NFCU.  They require his member number. 

Have him join...and then send me his member number. Smiley Tongue

I wonder if I give everyone my number if I could make a million dollars from the $25 bucks I get for each member sign up fee.  Yes like I said all 1000 people that just signed up with my number live with me!

Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

My grandfather was in the Air Force and Army. He passed when I was 4yo. I would think I would qualify as a grandchild but he has not been alive in over 30 years?  Any suggestions?

Message 64 of 79
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My grandfather was in the Air Force and Army. He passed when I was 4yo. I would think I would qualify as a grandchild but he has not been alive in over 30 years?  Any suggestions?

Unless he was a member you would not qualify. Here are the Eligibility Requirements.

Message 65 of 79
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless he was a member you would not qualify. Here are the Eligibility Requirements.

if he was us military retired and not a member you would still qualify

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 66 of 79
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rootpooty wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

if he was us military retired and not a member you would still qualify

I could be wrong but I don't think so. The grandfather would have been eligible to join while he was alive if he was retired but the NFCU website says:

Once your family members have joined, they can extend the membership opportunity to their family members, too.

Message 67 of 79
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Your family member doesn't need to have been a member for you to qualify. If they would have qualified for m'ship when they were alive, then you (as a relative) can qualify (as long as it's in the list of family members on their site).

If you call them, they'll be very happy to help you determine if you're eligible.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 68 of 79
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if he was military retired then yes your eligible however being 30 yrs ago it may take some time for nfcu to verify this. if they cant verify his eligibility then you dont qualify.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 69 of 79
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

He would have had to retire from military and not just be veteran. If so, you are eligible. Call them and ask for what are forms of proof.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 70 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.