cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Have So Many People Joined NFCU?

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How Have So Many People Joined NFCU?

@logan_720 wrote:

Will do! Also, to open an account, such as Checking/Savings, do they do a HP?

Someone else will have to answer that one. Since I'm not eligible to join I have not become familiar with their products and services.

Message 41 of 79
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
I heard from a coworker today that NFCU is letting anyone (as in non military) in now, is this correct?

A friend said that to me that anyone can join and I called and they said "No". I asked if you can donate and they "NO".

Message 42 of 79
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

So, if my dad is retired Army Ranger (I think thats how you would say that) And currently works for the Dept. of Energy, does that make me eligible? Even if we don't live together?

Call them up tomorrow and ask. They are the best source to answer that question. Good luck and let us know what they say.

why wait you can call them right now and ask they have live support 24/7. yes when i joined i opened checking/savings and they hard pulled transunion but i also used the hp to get my cc with them

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 43 of 79
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@logan_720 wrote:

So, if my dad is retired Army Ranger (I think thats how you would say that) And currently works for the Dept. of Energy, does that make me eligible? Even if we don't live together?

Call them up tomorrow and ask. They are the best source to answer that question. Good luck and let us know what they say.

Yes.  They did a HP on both my EQ and TU when I opened my accounts.  They also did an additional HP on TU for my Visa card which I applied for the very next day.  So 3 HP's in all for me. YMMV.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 79
Smug
Established Contributor

My roomate joined, I jumped out of the Garden to join as she my be moving in a month or so... It was well worth it.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 45 of 79
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Yes, HP to join.  Worth it, though!

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 46 of 79
lanc
Regular Contributor

I called NFCU a few weeks ago to see if there was any way I could join.  They said if a family member of yours meets the requirements and joins you can join.  She even said they could join and immediately close the account and I would still be eligible.  I'm not askink my father in law to join a bank for 5 minutes!

Message 47 of 79
lanc
Regular Contributor

To clarify you would have to join while they are a member and then they can close the account.  By the way I couldn't find a local number for NFCU and the 1800 seems very by the book.  I may stop into a NFCU to see if they will let me join.  I'm wondering if these rumors about open enrollment are local branches allowing different criteria for local community members (teachers, firefighters).  It may just be wishful thinking.

Message 48 of 79
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I have had my account at NFCU since I was an infant but did not start using it until a few weeks ago. ;(  Obviously I got my account with my parents but never realized the benefits of having it.  Now, I love it.  But I love USAA even more.

Message 49 of 79
dbslove
Contributor

I just called to apply and answered  a few questions. I told them I was interested in both the checking and savings, but she told me it would take 3-5 days? Why so long? Did anyone else have to wait or does this mean NO....

Message 50 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.