Frequent Contributor
payingoffdebt001

Re: How Have So Many People Joined NFCU?

[ Edited ]

LOL!

He's already a member of PMCU and I joined just wish I had known about NFCU at the time. 

Frequent Contributor
Adalen

There's no limit on the number of CUs you can join.  You should ask him to join as a favor to you for Mother's Day. :smileywink:

2011: EQ 580~
2012: EQ 620~
2013: EQ 641, TU98 645, TU04 635, TU08 635, EX 648 (lender)
Closed on first home 4/25/13.
Frequent Contributor
BigDaddy18

ctb89 wrote:

payingoffdebt001 wrote:

I have a son in the marines but my problem is he is not a member of NFCU.  They require his member number. 

Have him join...and then send me his member number. :smileytongue:

I wonder if I give everyone my number if I could make a million dollars from the $25 bucks I get for each member sign up fee.  Yes like I said all 1000 people that just signed up with my number live with me!

:smileyhappy:

Starting Score: EQ FICO 777
Current Score: EQ FICO 803
Goal Score: EQ FICO 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

pgpdmike

My grandfather was in the Air Force and Army. He passed when I was 4yo. I would think I would qualify as a grandchild but he has not been alive in over 30 years?  Any suggestions?

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

pgpdmike wrote:

My grandfather was in the Air Force and Army. He passed when I was 4yo. I would think I would qualify as a grandchild but he has not been alive in over 30 years?  Any suggestions?

Unless he was a member you would not qualify. Here are the Eligibility Requirements.

Valued Contributor
rootpooty

MarineVietVet wrote:

pgpdmike wrote:

Unless he was a member you would not qualify. Here are the Eligibility Requirements.

if he was us military retired and not a member you would still qualify

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

rootpooty wrote:

MarineVietVet wrote:

pgpdmike wrote:

if he was us military retired and not a member you would still qualify

I could be wrong but I don't think so. The grandfather would have been eligible to join while he was alive if he was retired but the NFCU website says:

Once your family members have joined, they can extend the membership opportunity to their family members, too.

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Your family member doesn't need to have been a member for you to qualify. If they would have qualified for m'ship when they were alive, then you (as a relative) can qualify (as long as it's in the list of family members on their site).

If you call them, they'll be very happy to help you determine if you're eligible.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
rootpooty

pgpdmike wrote:

if he was military retired then yes your eligible however being 30 yrs ago it may take some time for nfcu to verify this. if they cant verify his eligibility then you dont qualify.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Valued Contributor
Crashem

pgpdmike wrote:

He would have had to retire from military and not just be veteran. If so, you are eligible. Call them and ask for what are forms of proof.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}