cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can get replace to Citi HHonors Reserve Card Has Chip and No Transaction Fee?

tag
americanstar

Re: How I can get replace to Citi HHonors Reserve Card Has Chip and No Transaction Fee?

I called Citibank, so they told me that I can cancel account if I don't buy anything.  Then I can apply to Reserve Card sometime after cancel account, he said it will not affect credit score or report.

Message 21 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How I can get replace to Citi HHonors Reserve Card Has Chip and No Transaction Fee?

@americanstar wrote:

I called Citibank, so they told me that I can cancel account if I don't buy anything.  Then I can apply to Reserve Card sometime after cancel account, he said it will not affect credit score or report.

I would not cancel the account BEFORE you apply for the Reserve... if you want the reserve I would apply for that now.

If approved, then you can choose rather you would like to cancel this one or not.

Message 22 of 23
americanstar

Why do you suggest me not cancel this before apply to Reserve, why it would be good advice, should I am not stupid what I believe what customer service said but I just learn what you said.

So how come Hilton, Delta, Starwood American Express, dont have free transaction fee?

I was surprised that Citibank is easy to get approved from any like AAdvantage, etc. But why so Chase strict, hard to get approved for United Explorer, Marriott, Hyatt, Southwest?

I was declined for Chase United few times back two year ago after I got approved for Delta American Express.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.