Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I fell for Chase newest "special" offer

tag
brokenpipe
Established Member

How I fell for Chase newest "special" offer

I've been in the garden since 05/16/2012 when I got approved for a BoA Alaska card (10K limit). 

Tonight I ended it by succumbing to Chase's latest offering on their Slate product. I saw on the MyFico credit center that Chase is currently offering 0% apr on balance transfers for 15 months and 0 balance transfer fee (I believe their are competing against Discover IT). Got approved (not sure how much, will find out when the card comes In. 

At the same time, I thought what the hell. Lets go for Discover IT. Applied for their 14 month no APR / no BT promo and got approved for 4500. Weird thing was I got the approval message but my browser (Chrome) had issues on their account creation page so I didn't get an opportunity to create an account (after plugging in a username and password, getting the green check marks to make sure it was right, it would re-direct me back to the creation page...). Had to call to find out how much my CL was.

Goal in all of this: Trying to move my outstanding debt on my AMEX (25K CL - 8.9K debt) to a 0% interest card with every intention of paying off the entire thing by the end of this year. 

763 Experian / 770 Equifax / 790 TU

AMEX Blue (AU) - 25K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 23K | AMEX TrueEarnings - 22.5K | BoA Alaska Air Sig Visa - 20K | Chase Slate - 9K | Barclaycard Ring - 6.3K | Citi Thank You Premier - 5K | Discover IT - 5K | Amazon Visa Rewards - 4K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: How I fell for Chase newest "special" offer

Congrats on both approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Congrats !!  Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

The current Slate offering is very nice but unfortunately my current total debt wont allow me to get it Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@brokenpipe wrote:

Tonight I ended it by succumbing to Chase's latest offering on their Slate product. I saw on the MyFico credit center that Chase is currently offering 0% apr on balance transfers for 15 months and 0 balance transfer fee (I believe their are competing against Discover IT). Got approved (not sure how much, will find out when the card comes In. 

That offer on the Chase Slate has been around long before the Discover IT was introduced. To find out the limit you can ring the application status line(automated).

Message 5 of 10
MzKoli
Contributor

Ha! Glad to know I'm not the only one. I did the Exact same thing on Friday. Couldn't decide between the IT and Slate but knew I needed a BT only difference is I went for the 18 mos 0% with3% fee IT... got them both decisions decisions

Congrats and good luck on paying it within the 15 mos. Hope we both make it!!!
Message 6 of 10
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

The slate is nice if you get a decent credit limit but after the transfer is over there are no rewards unlike a discover it 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 7 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Chase Slate can be bipolar. They sometimes give good limits or toy limits because of the 0% promo.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 10
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Congrats for both cards.

Message 9 of 10
Cageym
Established Contributor

Congrats on both. I also got Slate offers in the mail but decided to stay in the garden. 

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.