Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I spent my Christmas...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How I spent my Christmas...

I ended up spending most of my day at the veterinary emergency hospital with a sick dog. She ended up needing an emergency spay. It's going to cost between 1800 and 3100. They needed half up front. Thanks to the work I've done on my credit, they offer CareCredit through Wells Fargo which gives you 6 months same as cash. I got approved for $5,000!! It was a great feeling. It's not often where your credit can decide a life and death situation, but it sure felt good to be able to do this. Thanks to everyone for their advice and wisdom on these forums.

Merry Christmas!!

Jeff

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How I spent my Christmas...

Good luck with your lady! I'm guessing closed pyro?

Jeni -with two Weimaraners as bookends...

Message 2 of 10
Smug
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 3 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

So sorry to hear about the Pup!  But that's great news on the card!  I have Care Credit too & it has come in very handy with my kitties.  Even just last week when my baby was extremely dehydrated & had a fever & a viral infection.  An overnight stay & a $400 bill....that card came in handy 3 days before Christmas!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 10
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

So sorry to hear about the Pup!  But that's great news on the card!  I have Care Credit too & it has come in very handy with my kitties.  Even just last week when my baby was extremely dehydrated & had a fever & a viral infection.  An overnight stay & a $400 bill....that card came in handy 3 days before Christmas!

Mo,

I hope your baby is feeling better and gets well soon. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks HotRod!  She's better already.  Just the overnight stay at the vet with IV fluids & an IV antibiotic drip helped her tremendously! 

She's almost back to her old self...except for the bald front legs!!!!  Here she is...tho not with the shaved paws...

Ok...no more threadjacking!  I promise!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, jeff! Smiley Happy Hope the rest of your xmas went great! 

Message 7 of 10
Smug
Established Contributor

How is the puppy
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dog is doing very well so far. Thanks for the good wishes. She got to come home the next day. She is officially the most expensive pound puppy on record LOL. The day after we got her from the pound, she came down with parvovirus and spent a week at the vet, $700. This round, $2300. Having her in our lives, priceless ;-)

Message 9 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My dog is doing very well so far. Thanks for the good wishes. She got to come home the next day. She is officially the most expensive pound puppy on record LOL. The day after we got her from the pound, she came down with parvovirus and spent a week at the vet, $700. This round, $2300. Having her in our lives, priceless ;-)

I know how you feel...both my cats came from the neighborhood "cat lady" & when I took them in, both needed full exams, sweetie needed allergy shots nearly every month, Maggie has perio issues so a teeth cleaning 2X each year is in order.  No idea of the running total, but I just don't care.  They're my babies & they get everything they need.

So happy to hear your pup is back home & on the mend.  I'm sure she was all tail-wags & face-licks once she was back on home turf!  Smiley Tongue  A healthy baby for Christmas is all you could hope for!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.