Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Is City Simplicity?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

How Is City Simplicity?

I received an app from City Simplicity today.  Pretty nice 0% for balances and purchases for 15 months.  Thinking about it.  Any feedback on them?

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: How Is City Simplicity?

The CitI Simplicity has no rewards so not really worth it to me. You can get the ThankYou Preferred that has rewards and 12 months of no interest.

Message 2 of 19
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

It's a good card if your planning to buy something and pay small portions every month cuz of the intro 0% APR for 18 months but after that you only have very few benefits like no late fees... The bad part is you get no rewards at all.. So you better off apply for the Dividend or the Citi Thank you instead..

Message 3 of 19
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

Ii don't quite understand the appeal of the Simplicity either.

Message 4 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi is hard as heck to get imo.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 19
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Citi is hard as heck to get imo.

That was going to be my next question. Current scores are in the 650-675 range.  Need to pay down a few cards and let some inquiries from last Summer drop off to get my numbers up. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 19
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Somo people on this forum say that Citi is ultra sensitive with  recent inquiries and that could result in a denial...well that wasn't the case for me... I had for 4 inquiries in the last 6 moths (the most recent one in february) and 12 in the last 2 years and on top of that 4 new acc oppened in december and yet they approved for theThank you Preferred card with a 4500 CL.. last week Of course my Overall utilization is very low (less than 10%)

My advice: try to lower your Overall utilization ((30% or less)  and your score will go up and of course your approval odds will increase

Message 7 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got denied with almost a 700 EQ score- I had opened Amex and Discover ONLY in six months and got denied for "too many recently opened accts"

So,
Imo .... Don't do it.
Barclay's has good 15 month bt cards that have rewards, and Chase Freedom is good too.

:-)

My util was like 10-15% btw when I app'ed for Citi. I did ultimately get approved after contacting a nice lady in the President's/Exc Office for a $6k Citi Diamond Preferred... Took TWO months though! Ugh!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 19
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Me and youngandcreditworthys citi stories sound the same. Had to contact the Executive office to get in the door with them. Than they gave me a 2k siggy with npsl so go figure with them YMMV

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 9 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I got denied with almost a 700 EQ score- I had opened Amex and Discover ONLY in six months and got denied for "too many recently opened accts"

So,
Imo .... Don't do it.
Barclay's has good 15 month bt cards that have rewards, and Chase Freedom is good too.

:-)

My util was like 10-15% btw when I app'ed for Citi. I did ultimately get approved after contacting a nice lady in the President's/Exc Office for a $6k Citi Diamond Preferred... Took TWO months though! Ugh!

Two months? Wow! I was thinking about the TY in my next round of sprees but waiting that long would honestly p*ss me off. 😒

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.