Established Contributor
dodgeball

Re: How Is City Simplicity?

Isnt the TY premier Citis anwser to the CSP?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Regular Contributor
jayrock24

[ Edited ]

fyi my score was 687 ex and i was turned down for a 6 yr old derog they said email us that its no derogs and we will recon i said no thanks i have chase discover bofa and barclays to name a few so thnx but no thnx and lmao as i hung up while rep was still talkn was for the simplicity card

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Established Contributor
dodgeball

As many have said before YMMV with Citi ! I was denied the simplicity with a 680 but approved for the much tougher AAdvantage with just tad lower utility tha bumped my score about 40 pts.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Valued Member
creditstarved

It's garbage. No rewards anymore, not that they were every any good. Apparently I was grandfathered in with mine with Extra Cash (now EasyDeals) which is a half-step above worthless. I recommend using your inquiry elsewhere.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 773 (Jan. 2013)
Current Score: EQ FICO 783 (Feb. 2013)
Goal Score: EQ FICO 850

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - 1.9k || Chase United Explorer Signature Visa - 8.5k || Chase Priority Club Select Signature Visa - 5.9k || Citi Platinum Rewards - 4k || Citi Simplicity - 9.1k || GE Capital/Ashley Furniture 3.5k || Penfed Rewards Visa - 5k
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

It seems similar to the Chase Slate which people primarily use as a BT card. Neither have any rewards.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Yeah, it did p*ss me off.
Especially because...
It was the most horrible recon experience ever! The CSRs can't do shiz...Lol the Lady in the EO was nice; she followed up w me every couple of weeks! All of the CSRs are pretty ....ill-informed.
If it weren't for the 18 months 0%, I wouldn't ever get a Citi card..
Also, they pulled my report TWICE even though I sent them an updated copy and a note that specified I did not want another hp on my report.

But I'm going to max it out with a bal xfer in a couple months... Hope they like that ;-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
dodgeball

way to be passive aggresive :smileylol:

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
New Contributor
nagisa

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Also, they pulled my report TWICE even though I sent them an updated copy and a note that specified I did not want another hp on my report.

They declined me (didnt even give me a small limit; had zero inquiries in the past 2 years so clean record). Then they double pulled me and I had to call them like 5-6x to even get the recon, all because they didn't like the $1200 balance I had on my AMEX charge card (which was long paid off). In the meantime AMEX gave me $7k and Chase $3k no questions asked.

Only reason I bothered was the 5 TY points for amazon/dining. Great now that I have it though.

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $7.6k (10/12) -> $19.7k (3x CLI), Amazon Chase Visa $3.1k (10/12), Citi Forward Student $4k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k siggy (3/13 - 50k sign up bonus)

EX FICO 767 10/12
TU FAKO(? from Chase Amazon) 742/990 10/12
Regular Contributor
jayrock24

yes im here to tell citi they can kiss where the sun dont shine they where so rude and tried to make me feel like a criminal in my own credit report never ever will i apply for citi anything not even a free citi sippy cup lol csr was so rude

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}