cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Do You Have To Wait For CLI On Comenity Store Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Long Do You Have To Wait For CLI On Comenity Store Cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 of thier cards. HSN, Victoria, and New York. All three via SCT.

I jsut got my very first increase on them today. 

Opened each one in the middle of October. So about 6 months.

Hsn gave a 300 increase today.
Victoria a 400  increase today.
New York a 400 increase today.

I did not use Robo Lady. I used the request button online. ( unsure if they resulted in soft or hard pulls yet but I am hoping for soft )

I do not use these cards monthly. Last charge was in Feb. And I always pay in full before statement cut.

Although I will go use each one now for something small so they report my new lines.

Good Luck with your CLI requestsSmiley Happy 

I can verify and assure you that the luv button is soft pull. Considering I have had to hit that button at least 75 to 100 times between my 3 cards. The only thing I get is a mailbox full of denials. LOL! I wish they would just save money on postage and just allocate that towards my limits!

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 of thier cards. HSN, Victoria, and New York. All three via SCT.

I jsut got my very first increase on them today. 

Opened each one in the middle of October. So about 6 months.

Hsn gave a 300 increase today.
Victoria a 400  increase today.
New York a 400 increase today.

I did not use Robo Lady. I used the request button online. ( unsure if they resulted in soft or hard pulls yet but I am hoping for soft )

I do not use these cards monthly. Last charge was in Feb. And I always pay in full before statement cut.

Although I will go use each one now for something small so they report my new lines.

Good Luck with your CLI requestsSmiley Happy 

I can verify and assure you that the luv button is soft pull. Considering I have had to hit that button at least 75 to 100 times between my 3 cards. The only thing I get is a mailbox full of denials. LOL! I wish they would just save money on postage and just allocate that towards my limits!

That would be awesome. I hope your increases start coming for you soon. 

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have VS, Overstock and Wayfair - all were soft pull approvals in 2015.  When I do get lucky, it is usually at the 6 month mark and the increase is $400.  They tightened up on me after I had them 12-15 months.  Overstock gave me $300 increases every 30 days for the first 6 months.  I miss those days lol. My increases were online.  I only tried via phone one time and the next day I had an alert from myfico for a new inquiry.   They did a hard pull!  I never called again.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have VS and Wayfair through SCT. Both are 4 months old. Just hit LUV button for the first time on Wayfair and was given a 300 CLI which I was surprised about. Didn't think it would work. I'll try again after 31 day mark to see.

For VS I heard they are pretty strict about CLI and usually dont give them until after 6 or 9 months so I didnt even try to push the LUV button. I will at 6 months for sure.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first CLI with Simply Be after only a few weeks (got it in June), and it was automatic. I’ve gotten another since, just a few weeks later. They are small increases, though. I just looked in my emails, and I got one increase on July 11th, and one on August 11th. Nothing so far in September, even though I requested one and got the 7-10 day message.

With JD Williams, got the card in July, I think. Got an increase August 11th and another one September 10th. Both automatic.

With New York and Company, it’s been over 90 days and all my requests are turned down.

Victoria’s Secret, 90+ days and all requests are turned down. (I’ve heard they are definitely 6+ months.)

J Crew just told me via robolady that they would have to review my husband’s credit report for our CLI request on his card, maybe because we have not used this one, so no payments. I said no to the pull. We will probably close this card, because the limit is only $250, which equals maybe one pair of pants at their overpriced store. LOL 

Boscov’s is 90 days and counting with no love. Really wanting an increase with this one, because we love this store. We have used it twice and paid the balance off quickly. Anyone know how long they take for the first CLI?

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it was 6 months after activation(VS), although once I went like 6 months between buying and requesting anything and received a letter in the mail with an auto-CLI asking me to buy more stuff so that was cool.
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have four Comenity cards (all obtained 5 months ago via SCT)  I hit the CLI button one time a month on the day my statement cuts.

William Sonoma - 250 SL, CLI to 1000 (yea surprised me too) after just 30 days/1 purchase PIF with 2 payments (30 bucks)

Wayfair - 500 SL, CLI to 700 after 1 month after just one purchase PIF with 2 payments (about 50 bucks)

Victoria Secret - 350 SL used for 1 purchase just to have a history, PIF with 2 payments (30 bucks), after five months it has refused to grow

King Size Direct - 250 SL (i have bought quite a few things over the last five months, like 5-6 orders worth, carrying a small balance, total spend of almost 300 to date)  NO CLI after five months with the smallest limit despite the most useage.

What blows my mind is the card I actually USE they wont budge on, but the card i used the least of them all (bought some premium coffee the day I got it, paid it off three days later and sock drawered it, they quadrupled my limit on)

Comenity is.... weird man.   Ill probably drop VS if it doesnt grow at all by the end of the year  since I am a guy and its kinda pointless other than giving me artifical utilization (plan to re-use all the cards once more at the six month mark to generate useage and give CLIs one last chance), but the KSD card is one i actually wanted since I normally shop big n tall anyway (im 6'5" so they have good stuff for me) so ill keep it even if it doesnt grow, but here is hoping it will =/

-_- SCT is a mixed bag, but now that I am in the good with Synchrony via walmart and amazon, the need to keep the non-growers is shrinking quickly.

Message 17 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

For data points (they're not SCT cards), PayPal Credit seems to have no fixed time but you have to actually try to exceed your limit with a purchase to request a CLI. My BJ's Elite Perks card seems to be eligible for a CLI every 4 months. They've given me a whopping $400 each the first two times, going from $17,000 to $17,800. I plan to try the RoboLady next time around to see if I can get the multiple CLIs back to back that others seems to get.
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some data points for yall

I push the online luv button once every month the day after the new statement cuts. I also push the luv button at activation (activation is the first one listed)  All cards get the same amount of use (30-50 dollar purchase every couple months, minimum payment 25/month to keep small balances to report, no card ever goes over 50 used), paypal is a hidden tradeline I intend to use for purchases that will not affect utilization.

I mostly use these cards for utilization purposes, but all except VS have a niche use that I have actually taken advantage of.  I know conventional wisdom is to avoid these or only get a couple, but thus far I have no complaints besides the lacking CLI luv on three of them.

Victoria Secret (opened May 2017) SL 350 SCT - Zero out of Four attempts

King Size Direct (opened May 2017) SL 250 SCT - Zero out of Four attempts

William Sonoma (opened May 2017) SL 250 SCT - 250 on first, zero on second, 500 on third, 750 on fourth.  Current limit 1750

Wayfair Card (opened May 2017) SL 500 SCT - Zero on first, 200 on second, zero on third, 800 on fourth.  Current limit 1700

Overstock (opened Sept 2017) SL 750 SCT - Zero on first attempt

Paypal Credit (opened Sept 2017)  SL 1250 Actually applied - Have not attempted (need to exceed limit to attempt, no plans to do so)

Out of all my accounts, six in total, half of them grow, the other half do not.  I will also point out that I have changed up the order in which I luv button them month to month.  Some times I do them smallest to largest limit sometimes the other way around, it doesnt seem to matter.  My next round is in about 2 weeks (all cards come due on or about the 14th-17th). 

I also do not know if this matters but.... VS and KSD account portals are on the c.comenity subdomain, whereas WS/WF/O are on the d.comenity subdomain.   I wonder if it is a coincidence that those three cards all have had much higher starting  limits or have been given big CLIs over the last four months.  Worth a thought anyway.

Comenity is a weird bird.  

Message 19 of 29
marty56
Super Contributor

I have never gotten or asked for a CLI on any store cards.  I get offers to use the card but no CLI.  Requests for CLIs usually come with an INQ with we all could do without.

On regular CCs, I have gotten auto CLIs when the card has been PIF and not used for awhile.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.