cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Do You Have To Wait For CLI On Comenity Store Cards?

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Do You Have To Wait For CLI On Comenity Store Cards?

The cards are issued by Comenity, but all of their underwriting requirements are different.

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

All comenity CLI requests have always been a soft pull for me.  The only HP comenity has ever done was when I opened my Paypal Credit line

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only have Williams Sonoma. $400 toy limit SCT in May which I maxed out and PIF'd.

Tried online CLI in July, HP and denied anything.

Won't touch that again nor use the card anymore. An HP is pretty ridiculous considering my FICO08s went up 100 points since SCT app.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

been sp overstock, started with 900 now at 2100 but have been stuck there for 2 months getting 7-10 day message, will PIF (only $150 on the acct) and try again next month
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a few months old but I was looking for info about this, specifically for Victoria's Secret credit cards. I was given an automatic increase from $650 to $1,090 the billing cycle after I charged over $500. I PIF. This was in December. I just requested a CLI online but did not check the box that says they would check my credit becuase I was worried it would be a hard pull. I was approved for an increase and now my limit is $1,550.  So that was less than 6 months since my last increase, which I know most cc's go by. 

Also, I want to mention that for some reason this card was not included in my 2012 BK. I think it's because I didn't have a balance at the time and my attorney said that any without balances would automatically be closed by the creditor. For some reason this one was not, maybe due to the fact that I used to buy a LOT from there for years and always PIF. It doesn't show as being open for that long on all my credit reports, but I'm glad for the ones that it does show as it helps with my AAoA. 

I just added my husband as an AU, hoping it will increase his available credit and most importantly increase his AAoA. I will update with info of whether it shows up on his report since there is limited info about VS. 

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 Comenity.

J Crew monthly online current limit 7k.

Pottery Barn only through Robo Lady. I think have called 3 times starting a day after I got the card. Also have 7k limit.

Express got first increase at 6 months. Current limit 2k.

I have over 200k of total limits now so I don't really make effort to get increases anymore.
Message 26 of 29
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this is a few months old but I was looking for info about this, specifically for Victoria's Secret credit cards. I was given an automatic increase from $650 to $1,090 the billing cycle after I charged over $500. I PIF. This was in December. I just requested a CLI online but did not check the box that says they would check my credit becuase I was worried it would be a hard pull. I was approved for an increase and now my limit is $1,550.  So that was less than 6 months since my last increase, which I know most cc's go by. 

Also, I want to mention that for some reason this card was not included in my 2012 BK. I think it's because I didn't have a balance at the time and my attorney said that any without balances would automatically be closed by the creditor. For some reason this one was not, maybe due to the fact that I used to buy a LOT from there for years and always PIF. It doesn't show as being open for that long on all my credit reports, but I'm glad for the ones that it does show as it helps with my AAoA. 

Not terribly unusual, especially with cards that aren't considered prime cards.  BK friendly cards (like many of Comenity's) with a $0 balance would not be notified of the filing, and on whatever subsequent AR of you file they did, they are already BK friendly, so they didn't care.   Iknow somebody that actually was able to keep a CapitalOne card that way.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome people were able to keep their Cap One cards! I'm still learning a lot. Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 29
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That's awesome people were able to keep their Cap One cards! I'm still learning a lot. Smiley Happy

As always, of course, YMMV.   Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.