Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does It Take To Get AmEx Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Long Does It Take To Get AmEx Rewards

i have had my amex ED since the middle of march. the promotion said i will get 10,000 points after $1k in expenditures in the first 3 months. well, i have spent around $2,500 or so and PIF since then every week. how long do i need to wait to get my rewards? i should have 12,500 rewards by now not including the 20% extra i earned for using my card over 20 times a month. do they apply all of the rewards after 3 months?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get AmEx Rewards

They go to "pending" after first statement cuts, and transfer after the second statement cuts. I know. It's a bummer.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIRC AMEX credits points on the statement the month after they're earned, so if they were earned in March, they're credited in May; April are credited in June, etc.  I MIGHT be mistaken but that's my understanding of it - AMEX is a little on the slow side when it comes to crediting MR points.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh okay. my statement closes on 05/09, and as of now have spent over $2,500. still shows 0 rewards, even from march. but michikade, if you're correct then i may see them after may 9th
Message 4 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They take forever....=/
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my 30k signup reward for delta gold within 2 weeks of approval.

Spent over $1k within a week and was credited within a couple of days of the $1k spending.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my first thousand in spend happened in about 3 weeks. hmmm
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

nvm i stand corrected. since 03/17/2015 i have spent $3,203.47, plus about $40 pending
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.