cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long does it take chase to report AU? And will it help My credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Long does it take chase to report AU? And will it help My credit score?

I am trying to fix my credit little by little but it seems like nothing seems to help, i purchased a car in march 2006 for a loan or 30,000 and i dont think it has helped my credit at all and i have not missed a payment or been late in 3 years? My current score for equifax as of today is 623. My father recently put me on his chase mastercard which has a 18,000 limit and has almost no balance. How long will it take chase to report on my cc report? They have already mailed him the new card with my name to his house. The only baddies i have are from 2002 which were macys and i cannot seem to get them off no matter what i have sent goodwill leters and they deny my request. Is there a number i can call or something? to speak with someone? And i have one collection from afni for 489 dollars. please if you could give me some help it would be great.

equifax 623 experian 632 as off today.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How Long does it take chase to report AU? And will it help My credit score?

Chase will report to your credit at next statement date.
Message 2 of 9
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My father recently put me on his chase mastercard which has a 18,000 limit and has almost no balance. How long will it take chase to report on my cc report? They have already mailed him the new card with my name to his house.

Chase may not even report the tradeline to your credit files at all. The bank has lo locate your credit files. The primary identifier of a person is his address (current and former). If your father's address is on your credit reports as a former address of yours, an AU tradeline will probably find its way onto your reports. If his address does not appear on your reports I would have him make sure that your social security number is on file with Chase. For the purposes of locating an individual, the social security number is used as a secondary identifier after first seeking  address matches.  

Message 3 of 9
mphan
Contributor

Did they ask your dad for your SS#? Last time I called, the CSR told me they are not reporting AU (same as WaMu).
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added my nephew on three of my accounts as an authorized user. They came up on his TU and EX, but not on his EQ.

He contacted EQ and he was told that new AU accounts are blocked from going on his report.  It is a new practice they are doing.  I do not know if it was just for my nephew or if it will be done to everyone.  I am only stating what happened to my nephew.

I added him onto a gas card, a store card and a mastercard.

The interesting thing is that one of the cards I added him onto was opened two years before he was born.  That should create some confusionSmiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Mark-MD wrote:

I added my nephew on three of my accounts as an authorized user. They came up on his TU and EX, but not on his EQ.

He contacted EQ and he was told that new AU accounts are blocked from going on his report.  It is a new practice they are doing.  I do not know if it was just for my nephew or if it will be done to everyone.  I am only stating what happened to my nephew.

The interesting thing is that one of the cards I added him onto was opened two years before he was born.  That should create some confusionSmiley Very Happy

Interesting! Equifax is in real danger of running afoul of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. I think they had to modify that no-AU thing on FICO 08 because it would be in violation of the Act.

Obviously your nephew isn't going to be confused with your wife, but IMO, Equifax is on thin ice with this one.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting! Equifax is in real danger of running afoul of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. I think they had to modify that no-AU thing on FICO 08 because it would be in violation of the Act.

Obviously your nephew isn't going to be confused with your wife, but IMO, Equifax is on thin ice with this one.

I added my nephew on the first week of February 2009.  When my statements cut off the three cards came onto his TU and EX but NOTHING on his EQ.  He did inquire and he was told that all new AU accounts are blocked from being put on his report..  As he told me, they said his was blocked.  I do not know if they are doing this to everyone but why would they just single him out?

Now March 09 statements cut and they are reported on his TU and EX again. Still NOTHING on the EQ.   Maybe this is their way of keeping AU accounts out of the FICO figure?????  The AU helped him for sure as he is listed as 738 and 743.  His EQ is still at 637 as the AU accounts never appeared.

Message Edited by Mark-MD on 03-24-2009 05:21 PM
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

What's really crazy about EQ's little move is that the original FICO 08 was going to ignore AU accounts for scoring purposes, but they were always going to be reported.

To not report them at all; wow. My AU account says that's what it is, so any scoring formula, properly constructed, could ignore it if it wanted. And in fact, I think the TrueCredit FAKO score does ignore it, because I get scolded for short revolving history, and this thing is nearly 20 years old.

But to not report them at all --again, wow. They're playing with fire, IMO.

edited in an attempt to clarify Smiley Tongue
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-24-2009 06:33 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they did ask for my social, and you provided them with it. So i hope it shows soon.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.