Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long for AMEX to Auto CLI?

tag
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Long for AMEX to Auto CLI?

@Creditaddict wrote:

I was thinking they work like GE, if you are declined you can apply again in 1 month but if you are approved then you have to wait 6 months amex, 4 months GE

I am pretty sure you are correct.

Message 11 of 15
drock
Valued Member

What if your income has gone down since applying for the card? I've never asked for an increase, but I know they ask income for a cli. Will putting in a significantly lower number raise red flags? I PIF, usually before my statements even cut. I did ask ge recently and used my new income (amazon card went from 800 to 1400), but they seem much less scary than Amex!

Starting Score: 683
Current Scores: fico (not fako) as of 06/23/12 - tu-772, eq-728, ex-???
Goal Score: 750 across all 3 CBs

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious about this as well. I requested a CLI from $3K to 4K exactly 6 months after getting my BCE card and was shot down. I always PIF and charge about $1000 on it every month. The funny thing is that when I check my spending limit online it is approving me for $4000.

That's kind of surprising.   You may want to run a little more through it for a few months. But Amex has wierd internal scoring and their decisions often defy logic.  Good luck!

OP:  Your not hurting anything by asking with Amex, it's a SP.  Heck you don't even have to talk to them as you can do it online.

Message 13 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

We have the Delta AmEx. We got it in the spring of 2009. They started us out with $2k. I kept bumping up close to the limit and paying the card off a couple of times a month (paying for daughter's wedding), and after about 6 mos I asked, and we got raised to 6k. We were fine with that, and then in Nov of 2010...so about 18 mos after getting the card...we got an email that they raised us to $9,800. We had not asked for a CLI.

I don't understand the logic of the amount, but whatever...it has remained at that amount over this last year. I do have the "Increase Your Credit Limit" button at the bottom of my "Recent Activity" page, but I've never used it.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't even think that Amex did auto cli.I have had my Blue Cash card since March of 2011,opened with a 5k limit. Did some serious charging on it and after the 6 months I requested a increase.They asked how much and I asked for my limit to be at 12k, the rep said I was approaved without even pulling any credit.Now  that I have had my card for about a year and pushing nearly 100k through it, I'm ready to ask for another increase.Just don't know what I should ask for.Good luck though..

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.