Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long for Discover to Report

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

How Long for Discover to Report

In late January i was approved for a Discover It CC, and the first statement cut on February 11th. As of today (Feb 27) the CC is not showing on any of my credit reports.

How long did it take for them to start reporting on your credit reports? Thanks

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: How Long for Discover to Report

@John060675 wrote:
In late January i was approved for a Discover It CC, and the first statement cut on February 11th. As of today (Feb 27) the CC is not showing on any of my credit reports.

Same here, was approved EARLY in January, statement just cut like 2days ago....still no signs of them reporting yet.  Barclays, however, is fast- applied 2days ago, started reporting yesterday.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@John060675 wrote:

Same here, was approved EARLY in January, statement just cut like 2days ago....still no signs of them reporting yet.  Barclays, however, is fast- applied 2days ago, started reporting yesterday.

Most of the time it  takes two cycles Smiley Frustrated Yeah i know

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 10
RnJ
Contributor

At most, two statements, but if you're concerned, simply use the chat online to inquire - they are great with this and will most likely update on reports within 72 hours.

Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Few days after 2nd statement cut. When you get a CLI it takes 2 statement cuts for it to update as well, a quirk in the system.

Message 5 of 10
RnJ
Contributor

gdale6, re the CLI - not for the impatient like me, LOL.  For some reason they missed reporting my last three months, I had recieved 2 CLI's in that period, I chatted online with them and they updated everything in less than 72 hours.

Message 6 of 10
John060675
Valued Contributor

2 CLI in 3 months? Wow. How long have you been a member?

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Was wondering this exact question myself.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 10
RnJ
Contributor

John,  2 years in Aug - one CLI was SP via online button, the second one 1.5 months later via online button - I never checked my TU report to see if that was an actual HP, but I was willing to sacrifice it when I requested that second CLI.  I assumed it was HP because the prompt on the online button had a 7-10 day message result on it but the actual increase was posted on my account less than 24 hours later.

Of course, I don't advise anyone to do as I did, since I simply am not ready to pull my TU report to see whether SP or HP on my second CLI - the point being, I was prepared to take an HP for it.  I don't plan to pull my TU for a couple more months so I won't know either way until then.

Message 9 of 10
flan
Regular Contributor

I got an auto cli and then asked for an increase, which I got via SP, the same day.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.