Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Chase Cards Do You Have?

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

How Many Chase Cards Do You Have?

I'm about to max out the maximum 5% cash back on my Discover card for dinning this quarter and was thinking about going for the Chase Freedom card..

Question is.. How many Chase cards do you have?

I have:

CSP - 25k CL

Amazon Rewards - 7k CL

United Mileage Explorer - 32,000k CL

I'm not sure how they treat partner cards like Amazon and United in relation to determining the total number of cards or overall credit risk you pose. I was thinking maybe I'll apply and then if denied I'll call and see If I can move around some CLs or even close Amazon..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Many Chase Cards Do You Have?

@RSCo wrote:

I'm about to max out the maximum 5% cash back on my Discover card for dinning this quarter and was thinking about going for the Chase Freedom card..

Question is.. How many Chase cards do you have?

I have:

CSP - 25k CL

Amazon Rewards - 7k CL

United Mileage Explorer - 32,000k CL

I'm not sure how they treat partner cards like Amazon and United in relation to determining the total number of cards or overall credit risk you pose. I was thinking maybe I'll apply and then if denied I'll call and see If I can move around some CLs or even close Amazon..

The sky is the limit, but I think it depends of their internal limits. You already have great limits with them.. I know someone that has $100K with Chase.

Message 2 of 44
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Three and don't intend on adding more. I had more than this though.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 Personal, 1 Business.

Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

3..I'm done. May close Disney and add the CL to my Freedom. Love chase but they make me nervous.
Message 6 of 44
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Received 6 with 4 currently open.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 44
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
3..I'm done. May close Disney and add the CL to my Freedom. Love chase but they make me nervous.

Yes Chase is a loose cannon.. Never know what might set them off and to have to many eggs in their basket is bad policy for me at least..  I would like 1 or 2 more of their cards, but defffinetly want to be diversified.

Message 8 of 44
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

nervous.. that's funny... they make me feel that way too.. hmmm. I don't want to push my luck..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 9 of 44
icyhot
Valued Contributor

1 the CSP and I want one more, the Marriot
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.