Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards Do YOU have?

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: How many credit cards do you have?

8 cards; 30K in limits.  

This year will be spent gardening and trying to increase my UTL, with maybe a PC or two (all via SP).

I'm actually pretty happy with most of my current cards.  Next year, I will do a thorough eval to see which cards I need/want and which are expendable.  Depending on how the PC's/CLI 's go, I may drop a couple of cards, go for one general travel card (i.e. Barclay Arrival; CSP), then add a 2nd Cash+ and/or a 2nd Sallie Mae.

My self-imposed cap on # of cards is 8-10 max.

Message 451 of 653
Chris679
Established Contributor

9 cards, $67600 total limits.  I open one new card per year and there is a very long waiting list haha. 

Message 452 of 653
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I have 10 with a total limit of 38.5K. My last was a Costco Amex, and I believe the last card that I'll get. The Amex was the one I wanted most and the golden Grail for me. 8 are visa, mc, amex. One is a shell and the other is a ShopHq.
Message 453 of 653
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

I have 26 credit cards and a total of 157K in CL. Do I considered as a high risk user be coz of my credit limit ? Also, do u think I need to cut off some of my credit cards ?
I just got approved for Gymbore Visa Platinum card with 10K limit.
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 454 of 653
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

6 cards totaling $50k. I plan to close my Marriott this year and get down to 5 cards.
Message 455 of 653
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

18 cards: 4 store and 14 major; 126.7k total limit.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 456 of 653
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

6 cards and it is too many .. hopefully going to close a few ..

plan to close discover and citi aa by the end of this year  .. changing the amex blue to everyday

total credit available is around 65k

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 457 of 653
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

8 personal cards, 27k limits.  1 business card, 5k limit.

On personal report:

6 national bank cards

1 credit union

1 store card

Isn't really much I want until I can get the upper echelon of cards, but the store card (Walmart) and the CU one are both up for removal or replacement but likely not any time soon.

        
Message 458 of 653
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

17, with about $310K.  At least 5 of no real use now.

Message 459 of 653
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

11 for now and total 110K limit. Will close a few soon. 

Message 460 of 653
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.