Senior Contributor
O6

Re: Please Reply: How Many Credit Cards Do YOU Own?

lobsterboy wrote:

22 active accounts (19) obtained in the last year most hitting the one year mark this coming month. Score never lower than 740 and has been as high as 805 until the AAOA crashed to 2 1/2 years! Down side to this was a letter form PNC this last month stating the accont would be closed if I did not use it. (I never use it since cl is only 3k and they would not give me a cli at 6 months) This was an account that was bought out by PNC a month after I opened the account. Whenever someone has a great offering for miles or points I get that account. Due to the number of accounts I cannot qualify for Nationwide or Penfed those are the only 2 I wanted and could not obtain. Well add NFCU to that list of want but cannot obtain.

You mean they specifically told you that you had too many accounts?  What is the magic number that they consider too many?

IAALBNYL
lobsterboy

Yes they did not give a number but the denial was, to much available credit in both cases. PenFed does not like you to have too many girl friends! Nationwide stated the same thing so I would have apped them first if I had known but most likely those accounts would have been closed by the grantor's after opening once they pulled a soft inquiry. None of the other accounts seemed to care how many open account I had as long as they were paid! I research when to apply for cli's and keep track of them and always try and boost the limits from cli's according to the cards guidelines. Example Citi is every 3 months like clock work.

Regular Contributor
911gt34life

NationWide 7500 :smileyhappy: Discover More 1500 :smileysad: Dell StoreCard 6500 Capital one 1500 been here for ever :smileysad: I try amex and Citibank no luck
Established Member
taun

CapOne sucks.  I've been with them for almost a decade and my CL has never managed to break $3k.

Valued Member
Divanator

3 Major CCs

1 Store card

2 AU major CCs, but I don't have the physical cards. I was only added to help my CR.

Starting Score: (5/25/10) TU: 599, EQ: 592, EX: 566
Current Score: (9/24/10) TU FICO: 619, EQ FICO: 611, EX (Plus Score as of 9/23/10) 650
Goal Score: 700 and beyond!

Frequent Contributor
OptimalCS

How much credit card or credit is considered too much?

CARDS.jpg

Valued Contributor
usmc58555

[ Edited ]

Aim720 wrote:

How much credit card or credit is considered too much?

Some internal scoring formula that involves your income and the possibility you could actually repay the money before your death.

___________________________________________________________________________________-

I do not actually own any credit cards, it says on the back of each one: Property of XXXX to be surrendered upon request."

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
New Contributor
Hollywood80

6 Cards

2 Cap One ($500 Each)

First Premier ($500) - Will Cancel Next Month

Amex Delta ($1000)

2 NFCU - ($13,000 Each) and I still want a CLI :smileyvery-happy:

Hoping to get Amex Plat next month so I can join the MFGA (My Fico Gardening Association)  :smileyvery-happy:

Established Member
audrahz

6 cards:

Credit:

USAA MC

Cap 1

Charge:

Amex Green

Store only:

VS

Old Navy

Haverty's

Starting Score: EQ: 612 (09/2010) - TU: 604 (09/2010)
Current Score: EQ: 702 - TU: 750 - EX: 708
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
julio87

i have

3 credit cards

2 stores card

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}