cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many People Got Sallie Mae because of Myfico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Many People Got Sallie Mae because of Myfico?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, I got the SM because of Myfico (as well as the Citi DC).

Smiley Happy

I got the DC because of here too! You know what's crazy though. Before I knew about the DC card, I had just applied for the lame TYP card... worthless piece of _____ how I despise that card! I still applied for DC after. The only good that came out of my TYP card was the 200 dollars worth of Walmart gift cards..(not even that great..) the introductory offer was a bit misleading and I thought I would be getting $200 cash/statement credit.  

*ENDS RANT*

Message 91 of 116
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure I have all of my cards because of this site.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 92 of 116
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

I was reading this thread last night on my phone and my boyfriend asked what I was looking at. I told him about this thread and about the Sallie Mae card (he'd never heard of it even though he has Sallie Mae loans!). I told him how I've been itching for it (too scared to app Smiley Sad) and then he goes applies for it and is instantly approved for $6300. 

YES I AM BITTER AND SALTY

Oh bittersweet Smiley Frustrated

Nope, just sweet now!! After hemming and hawing for a day, my boyfriend pushed me into applying and I got instant approved for Sallie Mae for $2,000!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Smiley Very Happy

I think I will pay off my Rewards card (just cashed out all my rewards now) and see if they will move my $1500 from that card to SM so I can close Rewards. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 93 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Callandra wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

I was reading this thread last night on my phone and my boyfriend asked what I was looking at. I told him about this thread and about the Sallie Mae card (he'd never heard of it even though he has Sallie Mae loans!). I told him how I've been itching for it (too scared to app Smiley Sad) and then he goes applies for it and is instantly approved for $6300. 

YES I AM BITTER AND SALTY

Oh bittersweet Smiley Frustrated

Nope, just sweet now!! After hemming and hawing for a day, my boyfriend pushed me into applying and I got instant approved for Sallie Mae for $2,000!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!

Smiley Very Happy

I think I will pay off my Rewards card (just cashed out all my rewards now) and see if they will move my $1500 from that card to SM so I can close Rewards. 

If you ever shop at Sam's Club, I'd leave at least $500 on that Rewards MC and keep it. 2% back at Sam's Club when the SM only gives 1%..

Message 94 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

So the big question is "Is there another great card that hasn't been discussed here yet?"   From what I recall, it was just one person pushing SM for a while, with everyone not particularly interested because of small caps, or it being Barclays (which also wasn't that well known at the time).

+1

Message 95 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I have thought about getting this card because people definitely have glowing reviews of it, but I noticed a couple things when reading over their terms that bothered me. One would be that the redemption options are extremely limited, unless you have a loan with them you can only get a statement credit. Two is that it says the statement credit takes 6 -8  weeks to post. Seems a bit lengthy?

My Sallie Mae statement credit shows in 2-3 days. Also there is a 3rd option and that is a deposit into a Barclay Upromise Account. As to lengthy time line, look at most of the cards and they build some wiggle room in and I don't know anybody faster. My Chase Freedom is good but generally 3-5 days with my Discover at 4-6 days and my US Bank Cash+ at 3-5 days. No complaints here Smiley Happy

Message 96 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, I got the SM because of Myfico (as well as the Citi DC).

Smiley Happy

I got the DC because of here too! You know what's crazy though. Before I knew about the DC card, I had just applied for the lame TYP card... worthless piece of _____ how I despise that card! I still applied for DC after. The only good that came out of my TYP card was the 200 dollars worth of Walmart gift cards..(not even that great..) the introductory offer was a bit misleading and I thought I would be getting $200 cash/statement credit.  

*ENDS RANT*

Share your sentiments! Had the TYP for two years and p/c'd it to (can't remember) but Citi just isn't on the cutting edge for ongoing rewards other than the Citi DC. For myself, I still have the Citi Forward with 5x categories and it compliments my SM well and up until 2015 the US Bank Cash+ rounded out my daily spending patterns.

Message 97 of 116
CaptainAmerica
Established Member

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So the big question is "Is there another great card that hasn't been discussed here yet?"   From what I recall, it was just one person pushing SM for a while, with everyone not particularly interested because of small caps, or it being Barclays (which also wasn't that well known at the time).

Oh sure, there are lots of great cards out there that nobody knows about.

Like the New Mexico Educators FCU Cash Rewards card. 5% rotator, looks to have better categories than a Chase Freedom. only problem is, the bank has so many fees waiting to bite you, that I think its a disaster waiting to happen. But still, those 5% cash back categories sure looked good: 

Rewards for July through September

I should probably mention, they only offered me their $1000 platinum card with no rewards ...

Then there is the Coldwater Creek MasterCard. 3X on Gas and Grocery. The downside? Well, I don't know what an X is worth... And i'm not sure where you can apply for the card.

And if you can get it: Security Service Power Travel Rewards. 3X Gas, Travel, Dining. +10% annual bonus on points earned. No anual fee, No cash advance fee, No balance transfer fee, No foreign transaction fee. No cap on points earned. No expiration date on points. Amazon gift cards at 1 pt = 1cent valuation. So basically a 3.3% restaurant and travel card with no fees. oh, and credit limits up to $50,000.

Of course, a card I'm looking into is the Holiday Smart Savings card. 5% cash back at Holiday gas station stores. Mmm, 5% cash back on gas station donuts....

Thanks Themanwhocan! This is great info! That Security Service Power Travel Rewards is pretty nice, I may look into that in the future.

Message 98 of 116
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I'll get a SM soon but I need to clean up my report and close on my house first 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 99 of 116
flawesome
Contributor

Me!

If I had come to this site and found that card sooner, I would not have applied for the discover and freedom cards. I may be one of the few that would have /fewer/ cards thanks to this site Smiley Tongue

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 100 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.