cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many People Got Sallie Mae because of Myfico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Many People Got Sallie Mae because of Myfico?

When you guys refer to the sallie Mae card you guys are referring to the Upromise? I saw the standard sallie mae card and that looks to be subpar to the Upromise. Not sure if I was missing something. 

Message 111 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you guys refer to the sallie Mae card you guys are referring to the Upromise? I saw the standard sallie mae card and that looks to be subpar to the Upromise. Not sure if I was missing something. 

Sallie Mae > Upromise

Message 112 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sallie Mae > Upromise

Correct me if I am wrong, but Upromise has a lot of restrictions/strings attached whereas Sallie Mae is straightforward and offers great rewards on things people will actually buy.. Smiley Very Happy like Gas Groceries and Amazon purchases! 

Message 113 of 116
Jungook
Regular Contributor

My entire credit card portfolio was built off the advice of myfico Smiley Very Happy

Right now I'm looking for feedback regarding the new Citi Double Cash card. Very temping app but I will wait and seek the advice of myfico before I apply.

Message 114 of 116
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

My entire credit card portfolio was built off the advice of myfico Smiley Very Happy

Right now I'm looking for feedback regarding the new Citi Double Cash card. Very temping app but I will wait and seek the advice of myfico before I apply.

It's been very extensively discussed here.   Summary might be:

1) Good card, gives 2%, smaller redemption threshold than the competition (Fid Amex) and more widely accepted

2) Biggest problem for new apps:  People are getting (much) smaller CLs than might be expected.  Lot of success for many in then asking for a CLI with a HP.  Some don't like the idea of using 2 HP for one card

3) Some stick with the QuickSilver, because even though it pays 0.5% less, no minimum redemption, rewards are available straight away rather than waiting for statement close, and of course you get the full 1.5% rather than 1% now and 1% on payment.

Message 115 of 116
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Jungook wrote:

It's been very extensively discussed here.   Summary might be:

1) Good card, gives 2%, smaller redemption threshold than the competition (Fid Amex) and more widely accepted

2) Biggest problem for new apps:  People are getting (much) smaller CLs than might be expected.  Lot of success for many in then asking for a CLI with a HP.  Some don't like the idea of using 2 HP for one card

3) Some stick with the QuickSilver, because even though it pays 0.5% less, no minimum redemption, rewards are available straight away rather than waiting for statement close, and of course you get the full 1.5% rather than 1% now and 1% on payment.

+1

Number 3 also applies to Navy's cashRewards card for those that are eligible.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 116 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.