cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many People Got Sallie Mae because of Myfico?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Many People Got Sallie Mae because of Myfico?

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
If they lifted the caps any higher they'd have to charge an AF.

I once read the caps were higher before? Hmm. They probably saw that they were loosing too much with higher caps.

It looks like prior to the purchase by Barclays, they were a little higher, $1000 per month for books.  The other category was $500 a month, combined for gas and groceries.   This would have been better for those that don't exhaust the current $250 caps on gas and groceries (and is in any case no worse).

IMO, the card is already much much better than the BCE.  If they raised the grocery cap to $500, they could kill the BCP!   But of course, that would cost money

I could see towards paying a moderate AF for this raise in benefits. -- $35/yr?

But I also want a shiny new WEMC logo on the card too.

No thanks to AFs. Will stay where I am at as my usage pattern seldom benefits from an AF Smiley Sad

Message 51 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@tobago, Why must Chase have so many cards I want!

AARP may be the wife's next Chase app after her EX loses a few INQs. We go out to eat 1-3x/wk, so it would definitely see some use outside of first friday of the month (CSP)

You're the old guy ... why you laying the acquistion of a Chase AARP Card off on your wife? Remember, marital bliss is my specialty Smiley Happy

Because I have 4 Chase approvals in the last 2 months. -- Next in line are an IHG and possibly a BA Siggy for myself.

Message 52 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
If they lifted the caps any higher they'd have to charge an AF.

I once read the caps were higher before? Hmm. They probably saw that they were loosing too much with higher caps.

It looks like prior to the purchase by Barclays, they were a little higher, $1000 per month for books.  The other category was $500 a month, combined for gas and groceries.   This would have been better for those that don't exhaust the current $250 caps on gas and groceries (and is in any case no worse).

IMO, the card is already much much better than the BCE.  If they raised the grocery cap to $500, they could kill the BCP!   But of course, that would cost money

I could see towards paying a moderate AF for this raise in benefits. -- $35/yr?

But I also want a shiny new WEMC logo on the card too.

No thanks to AFs. Will stay where I am at as my usage pattern seldom benefits from an AF Smiley Sad

That's why I said moderate....Raise the caps to 500/500/1,250 -- But make the $1,250 apply to all online purchases..

Plus, a pretty WEMC logo! Smiley Very Happy

Message 53 of 116
vivman1107
Valued Member

I got my SallieMae MasterCard because of this forum. It is one of my most used cards for gas, groceries and Amazon purchases (when not covered by Discover's online shopping and gas).

Message 54 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vivman1107 wrote:

I got my SallieMae MasterCard because of this forum. It is one of my most used cards for gas, groceries and Amazon purchases (when not covered by Discover's online shopping and gas).

Almost every purchase on my SM is 5%, except for the one time I didn't have enough credit on my WM GC that i'd bought at WM to use at Sam's Club. -- Had to pull out the SM and suck it up and take 1% like a chump.. Smiley Indifferent

Message 55 of 116
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Morning everyone,

What are my chances of being approved for this card? 3 inquiries on TU 706 FICO but 2 baddies. Paid tax lien from 2012 and a paid collection from Verizon Wireless from 2013. Newest account on TU is 5 months old. Should I wait a little longer for my new accounts to age or will I automatically get denied because of the 2 baddies?

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 56 of 116
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I have admit, I got it because of the forum.  I had not heard of it until I read about it here.  I am grateful for this forum and all it has taught me.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 57 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did.  And it's the best card I own! 

Message 58 of 116
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I have thought about getting this card because people definitely have glowing reviews of it, but I noticed a couple things when reading over their terms that bothered me. One would be that the redemption options are extremely limited, unless you have a loan with them you can only get a statement credit. Two is that it says the statement credit takes 6 -8  weeks to post. Seems a bit lengthy?

Message 59 of 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I have thought about getting this card because people definitely have glowing reviews of it, but I noticed a couple things when reading over their terms that bothered me. One would be that the redemption options are extremely limited, unless you have a loan with them you can only get a statement credit. Two is that it says the statement credit takes 6 -8  weeks to post. Seems a bit lengthy?

My statement credit showed up in a week.

Message 60 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.