cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Times Do You Pay Your CC Per Month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Many Times Do You Pay Your CC Per Month?

Well the golden rule is Never incur late fees. It will not just hurt your pocket, it will definitely ruin your CS. I enrolled via Direct Debit just in case I forget to settle my balance, And I do that twice a month to lower my outstanding balance and finance charges.

Message 41 of 43
anybodii
New Contributor

Just curious, do CC companies look badly towards people if they continually only pay the minimum payment when they have an intro 0% APR? I was curious because to me I was just going to sit the money in savings account making a few extra pennies a month and have extra cash for an emergency if I needed it. Of course before the 0% was up I would just PIF... I currently pay about 5x the minimum payment.

Message 42 of 43
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@anybodii wrote:

Just curious, do CC companies look badly towards people if they continually only pay the minimum payment when they have an intro 0% APR? I was curious because to me I was just going to sit the money in savings account making a few extra pennies a month and have extra cash for an emergency if I needed it. Of course before the 0% was up I would just PIF... I currently pay about 5x the minimum payment.

If you do it only once every while you're okay. But if you do it continously yes they do look down on it. It is sending a signal to them that you'll take forever to pay off the bill.

Some lenders will respond by increasing interest rates and lowering credit limits.

I currently have about $300 balance on one of my Citi cards, taking advantge of 0% intro. I'm paying $50 per month where minimum payment is $20.

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.