cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much Credit Can I Expect on Disability?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Much Credit Can I Expect on Disability?

Hey, everyone!

I have spent the last 9 or 10 weeks cleaning up my credit reports and was approved on 6/30/15 for a Capital One Platinum credit card with a $300 limit for average credit.

And, I was wondering if y'all could give your thoughts on what kind of credit lines I can expect to see as time goes on?

Barring anything else negetive getting on my credit reports and squashing all of the hard work I have put in.....with an annual income of $8,796, what can I realistically work towards?

Thank You 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Much Credit Can I Expect on Disability?

Realistically, not much.  You will probably get someothing similar to this poster whose income is 11k. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Worth-it-to-recon-CSP/td-p/4104511

But make sure every baddie is gone otherwise you will have an extra hard time getting decent cards.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes-It's-Me:

Thank you for the reply. 

I went and looked at the thread that you provided and, to me, what the poster had was really good.

I don't want a lot of credt on my cards, maybe something in the neighborhood of $3K combined would be great for me.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes-It's-Me:

Thank you for the reply. 

I went and looked at the thread that you provided and, to me, what the poster had was really good.

I don't want a lot of credt on my cards, maybe something in the neighborhood of $3K combined would be great for me.

If that is just it - 3k in credit, then you will be fine achieving that goal... How many baddies do you have left on your file and what are your scores for each bureau?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 judgments that I will pay off by September and then file a Motion to Vacate with the court.

I have one collection account with Springleaf that I have set up monthly payments on for the next year and I have one collection from American National University for a little over $500 that I am also making monthly payments on for the next 6 months.

I am going to try to GW the two collections when they are paid off.

My scores right now are:

EQ    548

EX    515

TU    563

(This is through Credit Check Total site)

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 judgments that I will pay off by September and then file a Motion to Vacate with the court.

I have one collection account with Springleaf that I have set up monthly payments on for the next year and I have one collection from American National University for a little over $500 that I am also making monthly payments on for the next 6 months.

I am going to try to GW the two collections when they are paid off.

My scores right now are:

EQ    548

EX    515

TU    563

(This is through Credit Check Total site)

Ok.. Right now, keep working on your baddies as your scores are pretty low.  Read up although you are only looking for 3k in credit.  Once you have done what you said you will do above, pull your real FICOs and see what they are.

Although you want that small amount in credit, you want it on decents cards. Also, if you have not done so already check out the rebuilding sub-section on here.  It has a wealth of info.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really appreciate your advice on my question.  :-)

This forum has been a wealth of info for me and actually I did not know what to do several weeks ago until I began reading the rebuilding forum. It helped me so much!

And, yeah, I would prefer to have good, quality cards, so, I'll just garden for awhile until I see the other baddies fallling off of my credit.

I'll pull the real ficos probably this fall.

:-)

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really appreciate your advice on my question.  :-)

This forum has been a wealth of info for me and actually I did not know what to do several weeks ago until I began reading the rebuilding forum. It helped me so much!

And, yeah, I would prefer to have good, quality cards, so, I'll just garden for awhile until I see the other baddies fallling off of my credit.

I'll pull the real ficos probably this fall.

:-)

You are welcome!!  Keep at it as you have done very well so farSmiley Happy...

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said you have cap1 card and u r in credit steps program. Use that card to your near max and PIF for three months at least. Do not forget to PIF right before statement cuts. 

That $300 will get you to near $3000 in no time. Cap1 is capable of giving you $3000 CL even if you have judgement collections. It's all up to you to do the right thing and show usage and PIF. 

Good luck. See it happen in 6mos or less and you will save inquiry and won't need to apply for more cards . Your stated income wouldn't matter so much. 

Message 9 of 14
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Keep an eye on your credit......while they are Fako scores get on Credit Karma, you already have a Cap 1 and they give you "Credit Tracker" which gives you some version of your TU score even though I think it is way off.

While a lot of folks are against store cards I think they do help your credit and if you use Wal-Mart I would definitely try for their store card which with use can evolve into a MC.  Unfortunately, your income will exclude you from some lenders I'm sure........is there any other household income as some lenders allow you to put the household income on the application which may enhance your chances for credit.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.