Established Contributor
plasticguy

How Much Damage did I do if any

Last week I recently closed My BOFA Signature Card and Moved the remaining Credit limit over to Merrill Lynch. The Card was open in 03 and the limit was never reported. I moved 20k from the Sig, to the World Card and 10.4K to Merrill Lynch. So at closing the limit was $10,400. I'm Just wondering how much my score may have dropped. I realize that the history remains for 10 years. I think The only helpful thing is I increased my utilization, which really didn't need to be increased. The limit is now $30,400 at Merrill which I opened in June 2007 and I have $67,500 at BOFA on The World MC which opened in 04. The purpose was, I was tried of having a card that didn't report. Any Thoughts would be appreciated
Super Contributor
marty56

Re: How Much Damage did I do if any

IMHO If you have a long credit history and many accounts, you may not get a hit on average age.  As long as you dont max out a card, you might get a score increase with fewer accounts reporting a balance.  if your util is high, geting it to 1% to 9% will increase your score beyond what any loss due to history.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Established Contributor
plasticguy

I have 13 accounts and I only carry 3 balances all under 25% usage. Total credit available is over 300K
Established Contributor
plasticguy

Also, 14 years of history
Super Contributor
marty56

I would be suprised then if you did take a score hit then.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Established Contributor
plasticguy

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it. Before I made that move, BOFA informed me that they didn't see it hurting my score, but I wanted an outsiders opinion

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+