Reply
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX

Long term its better if you don't increase it, once you hit $25k you can no longer use the automated system for CLI's, take what have now, wait 6 months perhaps a year then you can request an increase to 30k, and it should be increased and that will be your final automated CLI, if you get the 25k you are done. 

 

 


Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Valued Contributor
bribro
Posts: 1,367
Registered: ‎04-20-2012
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX


jamesdwi wrote:

Long term its better if you don't increase it, once you hit $25k you can no longer use the automated system for CLI's, take what have now, wait 6 months perhaps a year then you can request an increase to 30k, and it should be increased and that will be your final automated CLI, if you get the 25k you are done. 

 

 


Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that $25k was the max for automated CLIs; I didn't realize you could go over that as long as you started under.

Say in 6 months to a year from now I put in an auto CLI request to $30k or even go balls out with $67.5k, and get accepted, will that raise a red flag/trigger a FR?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Regular Contributor
SpiceIslander
Posts: 348
Registered: ‎02-01-2010
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX


CruzImperial wrote:
Only 2k here with the bcp :smileysad:

Exactly the same here. BCP is the only AMEX card I have.

Meg.

FICO: 04/2014 - TU 765 | EQ ??? | EX 768

Barclays / Sallie Mae World MC 13000 | Lowes 10,000 | LOC 9300 | FNBO 8900 | Amex BCP 7200 | BOA Platinum+ 6000 | Amex SPG 5700 | Citi Simplicity 5200 | Chase CSP 5000 | Achieva CU 4000 | Discover 4000 | Sam's Club 3000 | Sears 900
Valued Contributor
android01
Posts: 1,226
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX


bribro wrote:

jamesdwi wrote:

Long term its better if you don't increase it, once you hit $25k you can no longer use the automated system for CLI's, take what have now, wait 6 months perhaps a year then you can request an increase to 30k, and it should be increased and that will be your final automated CLI, if you get the 25k you are done. 

 

 


Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that $25k was the max for automated CLIs; I didn't realize you could go over that as long as you started under.

Say in 6 months to a year from now I put in an auto CLI request to $30k or even go balls out with $67.5k, and get accepted, will that raise a red flag/trigger a FR?


My AMEX Delta card originally had a 25K limit, and my AMEX Costco had 7.8K.  The last time I asked for a CLI on the Costco card, I received a letter that if I wanted an increase, I would have to go through a F/R with the 4506-T if I wanted an increase.  I declined (I'm intellectually adverse to AMEX F/R policy), so I transferred 5K from my Delta card to the costco card for a limit ot 12.8K.  I haven't asked for a CLI since, and have not received any automatic CLI's.  

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Regular Contributor
tmbr10
Posts: 106
Registered: ‎04-06-2012
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX


android01 wrote:

bribro wrote:

jamesdwi wrote:

Long term its better if you don't increase it, once you hit $25k you can no longer use the automated system for CLI's, take what have now, wait 6 months perhaps a year then you can request an increase to 30k, and it should be increased and that will be your final automated CLI, if you get the 25k you are done. 

 

 


Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that $25k was the max for automated CLIs; I didn't realize you could go over that as long as you started under.

Say in 6 months to a year from now I put in an auto CLI request to $30k or even go balls out with $67.5k, and get accepted, will that raise a red flag/trigger a FR?


My AMEX Delta card originally had a 25K limit, and my AMEX Costco had 7.8K.  The last time I asked for a CLI on the Costco card, I received a letter that if I wanted an increase, I would have to go through a F/R with the 4506-T if I wanted an increase.  I declined (I'm intellectually adverse to AMEX F/R policy), so I transferred 5K from my Delta card to the costco card for a limit ot 12.8K.  I haven't asked for a CLI since, and have not received any automatic CLI's.  

Android, sounds like I may be

 

Regular Contributor
CK_Charles_Lover
Posts: 248
Registered: ‎09-02-2011
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX

21.5K 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)


AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Regular Contributor
charyot77
Posts: 237
Registered: ‎06-21-2010
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX

I was just approved for a (regular) AMEX Blue about 2 weeks ago for $3k.  

 

Seeing as that is a pretty healthy starting limt I wonder if I should have gone for the BCE instead.

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX


charyot77 wrote:

I was just approved for a (regular) AMEX Blue about 2 weeks ago for $3k.  

 

Seeing as that is a pretty healthy starting limt I wonder if I should have gone for the BCE instead.


you can call and ask for a product change to the BCE, there are a few people on this board that have done it with no issues, in fact I plan on doing it after I have had the blue for a year, just like earning MRE pts for now. 

 

 


Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Frequent Contributor
Brian_Trying_700
Posts: 445
Registered: ‎09-14-2011
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX

$500 auto pay :smileysurprised:

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,684
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX

1 Personal Charge, 1 Business Charge, 3 Personal Revolvers and 2 Business Revover total not including NPSL was $86.5k up till about 2008-9 and that's when the slashes started happening on any accounts Amex could find available limits available... lots of threads back then... it happened so fast!

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}