Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: How Much Revolving CL Do You Have With AMEX

Long term its better if you don't increase it, once you hit $25k you can no longer use the automated system for CLI's, take what have now, wait 6 months perhaps a year then you can request an increase to 30k, and it should be increased and that will be your final automated CLI, if you get the 25k you are done. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 21 of 31
bribro
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Long term its better if you don't increase it, once you hit $25k you can no longer use the automated system for CLI's, take what have now, wait 6 months perhaps a year then you can request an increase to 30k, and it should be increased and that will be your final automated CLI, if you get the 25k you are done. 

Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that $25k was the max for automated CLIs; I didn't realize you could go over that as long as you started under.

Say in 6 months to a year from now I put in an auto CLI request to $30k or even go balls out with $67.5k, and get accepted, will that raise a red flag/trigger a FR?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 22 of 31
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
Only 2k here with the bcp Smiley Sad

Exactly the same here. BCP is the only AMEX card I have.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 23 of 31
android01
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

Thanks for the response. I was under the impression that $25k was the max for automated CLIs; I didn't realize you could go over that as long as you started under.

Say in 6 months to a year from now I put in an auto CLI request to $30k or even go balls out with $67.5k, and get accepted, will that raise a red flag/trigger a FR?

My AMEX Delta card originally had a 25K limit, and my AMEX Costco had 7.8K.  The last time I asked for a CLI on the Costco card, I received a letter that if I wanted an increase, I would have to go through a F/R with the 4506-T if I wanted an increase.  I declined (I'm intellectually adverse to AMEX F/R policy), so I transferred 5K from my Delta card to the costco card for a limit ot 12.8K.  I haven't asked for a CLI since, and have not received any automatic CLI's.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 24 of 31
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

My AMEX Delta card originally had a 25K limit, and my AMEX Costco had 7.8K.  The last time I asked for a CLI on the Costco card, I received a letter that if I wanted an increase, I would have to go through a F/R with the 4506-T if I wanted an increase.  I declined (I'm intellectually adverse to AMEX F/R policy), so I transferred 5K from my Delta card to the costco card for a limit ot 12.8K.  I haven't asked for a CLI since, and have not received any automatic CLI's.  

Android, sounds like I may be

Message 25 of 31
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 26 of 31
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I was just approved for a (regular) AMEX Blue about 2 weeks ago for $3k.  

Seeing as that is a pretty healthy starting limt I wonder if I should have gone for the BCE instead.

Message 27 of 31
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@charyot77 wrote:

I was just approved for a (regular) AMEX Blue about 2 weeks ago for $3k.  

Seeing as that is a pretty healthy starting limt I wonder if I should have gone for the BCE instead.

you can call and ask for a product change to the BCE, there are a few people on this board that have done it with no issues, in fact I plan on doing it after I have had the blue for a year, just like earning MRE pts for now. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 28 of 31
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

$500 auto pay Smiley Surprised

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 29 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1 Personal Charge, 1 Business Charge, 3 Personal Revolvers and 2 Business Revover total not including NPSL was $86.5k up till about 2008-9 and that's when the slashes started happening on any accounts Amex could find available limits available... lots of threads back then... it happened so fast!

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.