cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often Do I Have to Use My BoA Cash Rewards Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Often Do I Have to Use My BoA Cash Rewards Card?

For various reasons, I'm going to be closing my old Bank of America savings & checking accounts soon, transferring the funds to different banks. I do still have credit cards with Bank of America though and the Bank of America Cash Rewards card is my oldest card. How often do I have to use it to ensure BoA doesn't cancel the card and I don't get a big hit to my credit score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: How Often Do I Have to Use My BoA Cash Rewards Card?

@Anonymous wrote:

For various reasons, I'm going to be closing my old Bank of America savings & checking accounts soon, transferring the funds to different banks. I do still have credit cards with Bank of America though and the Bank of America Cash Rewards card is my oldest card. How often do I have to use it to ensure BoA doesn't cancel the card and I don't get a big hit to my credit score?

Unless your utilization increases drastically, closing a credit card will not have any impact on your credit score. 

That being said, reload your Amazon.com gift card with $1.00 every 6 months to keep the card active. 

Message 2 of 3
negg
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Often Do I Have to Use My BoA Cash Rewards Card?

Funny this game up. Just went to 7-11 last night and bought a .69 water. First purchase since September 2016. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.