cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often Do You Hit the LUV Button With CITI?

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Often Do You Hit the LUV Button With CITI?

Same thing happened to me.. hit step three and bam.. sent to the credit department for review.. good news is I asked for 3000 and got 3000.. I guess it was worth the hard pull on EQ for it.. brings my limit on my visa sig AA card to 9,000.. 

Message 11 of 18
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I got the same message as brian220.  I guess I have to wait 6 months to ask for one for a new card.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 18
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

wouldn't it just be easier to call? i did just now at 1:48 am. i didn't have to risk a hard pull. i was increased by 1250 now making my citicard 4250 Smiley Happy. why risk a hard pull when you don't have too? and WOW! the rep on the phone was so pleasnt! it PAYS to call them in the wee hours!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 13 of 18
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

and yes, this would be my second cli for this card, none of which are hard pulls. i opened in october 2010. first increase in april. 3 months to increase now.

Message 14 of 18
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Not for me it isn't. Much easier online. Two CLI's so far. No hard pulls.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 15 of 18
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Not for me it isn't. Much easier online. Two CLI's so far. No hard pulls.

i agree with you. i love doing online. but unfortunately, the option to OPT out of a hard pull is just too important. im not going to risk burning an inquiry just for the convience of going online. besides, i got the opportunity to discover the wonders of human interaction with pleasant people at 2 am. and i didn't have to go through an endless automated process like they have in the day time. it sent me directly to a rep. almost as fast as a barclays credit analyst, but i had to enter the card number first.

Message 16 of 18
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I understand. I hate inquiries as much as the next guy. If you are not PRE approved on step 3, you can cancel your request right there and then and not cost you an inquiry. However, if you choose to continue to step 4 it will definitely cost you. At any rate, this is the way it works for me on my Citi Plat. Select MC. Now, if one were to request a CLI online (as I did) on the Home Depot (CITI) Store Card it will definitely be hard pull. The CLI request forms are different.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 17 of 18
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

thats if you are only approved for an increase. you don't get an option if you aren't preapproved for an increase, thus needing citibank to pull your report without an option not to pull it.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.