Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often Does Amex Soft You?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

How Often Does Amex Soft You?

They've been softing me 2-3 times a month for the past year.  Excessive or normal? Discuss.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Re: How Often Does Amex Soft You?

Since my first AMEX in July, they SP'ed me 3 times.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 30
resilient
Established Contributor

Get this......I don't even have AmEx anymore, haven't had them since about 2003 or 2004 when they charged off a $1000 balance....and they soft me once a WEEK! And it has been this way for the past two years at least (that's how long I've been checking my reports). My account with them is no longer showing, but I applied recently, and they gave me a "no", did a hard pull too, only to tell me "past relationship unsatisfactory". I knew they blacklisted, but just tested the waters.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 3 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Didn't think Amex blacklist resulted in hp.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 30
shane82388
Established Contributor

These are the last AMEX softs on my Experian report...

amexsoft1.png

amexsoft2.png

amexsoft3.png

Message 5 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They typically hp 1 a month.
I've seen them go five months without hp'ing me,
Then they did it twice in a month. On avg, I'd say once a month...
Amex Account Review and American Express 2 is how they show up...
Very odd
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 30
shane82388
Established Contributor

P.S. - Does this mean that the last soft AMEX would be using if i was to app as a current card holder would be Sept 3?

Message 7 of 30
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@resilient wrote:

Get this......I don't even have AmEx anymore, haven't had them since about 2003 or 2004 when they charged off a $1000 balance....and they soft me once a WEEK! And it has been this way for the past two years at least (that's how long I've been checking my reports). My account with them is no longer showing, but I applied recently, and they gave me a "no", did a hard pull too, only to tell me "past relationship unsatisfactory". I knew they blacklisted, but just tested the waters.

You know if you CO with them in they past and still want their card it is possible to do the Oasis program.

Message 8 of 30
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Also how do you check your sp?

Message 9 of 30
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Young, SP not HP
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.