cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Often Should You Apply For American Express Cards?

tag
kogama
Valued Member

Re: How Often Should You Apply For American Express Cards?

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@kogama wrote:

If the person had its MSD locked in it will not matter. If you are referring to inheriting someone's card history and have never been an AMEX cardholder, then no -that policy changed a few years ago. 

I have my few decades old MSD reporting on my credit report (inherited)  and I have 3 AmEx of my own, does this mean it will be honored?

If it gives that old MSD when you log in, it should give you that on future cards.

Its there when I log on, its on my cards, I just want to be sure they won't ever strip me of it because of new policies. 

Message 21 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@kogama wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@kogama wrote:

If the person had its MSD locked in it will not matter. If you are referring to inheriting someone's card history and have never been an AMEX cardholder, then no -that policy changed a few years ago. 

I have my few decades old MSD reporting on my credit report (inherited)  and I have 3 AmEx of my own, does this mean it will be honored?

If it gives that old MSD when you log in, it should give you that on future cards.

Its there when I log on, its on my cards, I just want to be sure they won't ever strip me of it because of new policies. 

No one here can guarantee that. Man Sad We can only say that whatever approvals you have now will get backdated to this date.

Message 22 of 23
kogama
Valued Member

oh amex how I love and fear you.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.