cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Should I Approach getting rid of some.....

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

How Should I Approach getting rid of some.....

Since I am a avid Gardener...no choice really NO CC will touch me with so many inq.  LOL I have an itch....NO, NO APPING!! Thinking of getting rid of some of my current cards.... see signnature, and yes I have probably forgot some in there.....really I do not use all of them.....and would like to make room for some others - when of course I come out of the garden....so HOW to do this...my util total is about 2% and my oldest account is over 27 years old (Freedom MC) so that stays....thinking of spin the bottle, or target practice with my son in the back yard...if he hits it it is DONE......seriously is there a rhyme and reason to closing accounts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How Should I Approach getting rid of some.....

Combine limits with:
Chase
Amex
Unsure about Fnbo
And I think you have 2 Barclay.

If you combine those that would close about 7 accounts unless citi will combine too then like 9 accounts and talk about some nice limits!!!
Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Since I am a avid Gardener...no choice really NO CC will touch me with so many inq.  LOL I have an itch....NO, NO APPING!! Thinking of getting rid of some of my current cards.... see signnature, and yes I have probably forgot some in there.....really I do not use all of them.....and would like to make room for some others - when of course I come out of the garden....so HOW to do this...my util total is about 2% and my oldest account is over 27 years old (Freedom MC) so that stays....thinking of spin the bottle, or target practice with my son in the back yard...if he hits it it is DONE......seriously is there a rhyme and reason to closing accounts?

Which one's don't get any use?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

FNBO although I love the bank I dont use them much....Citi TY I have points but really dont use the card......Walmart is for just the score really........Disney will be done after we take our kids there next year.....My Garage card just sits BUT nice limit and no fee......Corvette card is now turning into Cap 1 since it used to be HSBC BUT still have not heard about it being converted so that is a waste (just keeping it for the Corvette thing...)  and my capital more cash IS turning into a QuickSilver in Nov. but dont like the company much......the barclays are the same dont use the iTunes card that much, BUT do not think they offer anymore so iffy about getting rid of, and the Falcons Visa I do use alittle for the discounts at NFL shop....that should be it I think.....

Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

FNBO although I love the bank I dont use them much....Close if not in use and can't get a big SP CLI

Citi TY I have points but really dont use the card......Use your points and close if can't combine with other Citi card 

Walmart is for just the score really........IMO I would keep the special financing can come in handy on electronics especially during the holidays 

Disney will be done after we take our kids there next year..... no comment you never know when you need that Disney vacation but rewards are low Lol

My Garage card just sits BUT nice limit and no fee......Corvette card is now turning into Cap 1 since it used to be HSBC BUT still have not heard about it being converted so that is a waste (just keeping it for the Corvette thing...) I understand the vette thing totally 

and my capital more cash IS turning into a QuickSilver in Nov. but dont like the company much......You have much better reward cards ....Bye CAP1 but thanks you 

the barclays are the same dont use the iTunes card that much, BUT do not think they offer anymore so iffy about getting rid of, and the Falcons Visa I do use alittle for the discounts at NFL shop....that should be it I think.....I have this card Da Bears of course but if I ever get tired of it PC to arrival

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

FNBO although I love the bank I dont use them much....Close if not in use and can't get a big SP CLI

Citi TY I have points but really dont use the card......Use your points and close if can't combine with other Citi card 

Walmart is for just the score really........IMO I would keep the special financing can come in handy on electronics especially during the holidays 

Disney will be done after we take our kids there next year..... no comment you never know when you need that Disney vacation but rewards are low Lol

My Garage card just sits BUT nice limit and no fee......Corvette card is now turning into Cap 1 since it used to be HSBC BUT still have not heard about it being converted so that is a waste (just keeping it for the Corvette thing...) I understand the vette thing totally 

and my capital more cash IS turning into a QuickSilver in Nov. but dont like the company much......You have much better reward cards ....Bye CAP1 but thanks you 

the barclays are the same dont use the iTunes card that much, BUT do not think they offer anymore so iffy about getting rid of, and the Falcons Visa I do use alittle for the discounts at NFL shop....that should be it I think.....I have this card Da Bears of course but if I ever get tired of it PC to arrival

thanks Journey...I might try to consolodate my FNBO and get rid of the AMEX but keep the Bucksback with a killer limit....if possible....Thank You card does kinda stink since I have that covered with my AMEX's really.....Cap 1 not sure really if they turn the corvette card into something and I blend that with the Quicksilver again a decent CL if not then they both hit the shredder.....Walmart is good for financing and ammo....(that is funny!!!)  I think I may have to DRINK on this when I get home......and join my garden friends tonite!!!! Thanks again my friend!

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

thanks Journey...I might try to consolodate my FNBO and get rid of the AMEX but keep the Bucksback with a killer limit....if possible....Thank You card does kinda stink since I have that covered with my AMEX's really.....Cap 1 not sure really if they turn the corvette card into something and I blend that with the Quicksilver again a decent CL if not then they both hit the shredder.....Walmart is good for financing and ammo....(that is funny!!!)  I think I may have to DRINK on this when I get home......and join my garden friends tonite!!!! Thanks again my friend!

Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.