Not applicable

How To Garden Credit Card???

Hello guys! thisis my wallet.

Premier card 5.8 y/o for 200

Premier card 2 y/o for 300

Discover this month for 500
CareCredit this month for 4000

Barclays apple for 1700

my wife only has a state farm and a city preferred, she is going to get 2 more next week after 2 of the 3 inquieres disappear.

What is the best way of gardening my credit?

Do i just use my 5 CC?

Do i tell my wife to add me as AU?

Do i get another credit card for me?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Edit: NevermindRe: How To Garden Credit Card???

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello guys! thisis my wallet.

Premier card 5.8 y/o for 200

Premier card 2 y/o for 300

Discover this month for 500
CareCredit this month for 4000

Barclays apple for 1700

my wife only has a state farm and a city preferred, she is going to get 2 more next week after 2 of the 3 inquieres disappear.

What is the best way of gardening my credit?

Do i just use my 5 CC?

Do i tell my wife to add me as AU?

Do i get another credit card for me?

Gardening just entails using the credit that you have responsibly. How many inqs do you have on each report? what is your AAoA? are any of those secured? Are you planning a big app soon (house or car)? I try and keep an optimal score all the time--incase I need it, which would be to make sure that you only let one card report a balance of 10%> of your total available credit. If that is not plausible, let as few cards report balances as possible.

Edit: adding some info from your other post:

CK: 745

EXP:635

EQ: 667

Trans: 630

FICO: 644

CreditSesame:704

Inquieres: 5

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How To Garden Credit Card???

Thanks!

I really dnt need credit right now, the only reason why im so interested in this is because i know im young and in the future good credit is going to make things much esier for me. I know i should take advantage know that i dnt need credit to get ready for when that moment comes im ready. My 5 Inq its in transunion. In EQ EXP shows only 2. My overall AAoA is 2.3 y/o, and my oldest account is 5.3 y/o.The only bad thing i have in my credit is the payment history (87%) . Im alredy taking care of those 12 late payments and should be taken care of this or next month.

Message 3 of 6
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

I really dnt need credit right now, the only reason why im so interested in this is because i know im young and in the future good credit is going to make things much esier for me. I know i should take advantage know that i dnt need credit to get ready for when that moment comes im ready. My 5 Inq its in transunion. In EQ EXP shows only 2. My overall AAoA is 2.3 y/o, and my oldest account is 5.3 y/o.The only bad thing i have in my credit is the payment history (87%) . Im alredy taking care of those 12 late payments and should be taken care of this or next month.

In this case.....just garden bro.... take care of what you've got....you will be in a great position in no time.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool bro! thanks! im gonna work on these like you said for a while and be patient. my wife only has 2. City Preffered for 1000 and State Farm for 500. she also has like 12 loans up to date. whats the best way? should she get more and then garden or just use those two?

Message 5 of 6
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I would need to know more about your spending and needs.... as well as her inqs and ficos...and util.

My Wallet:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.