3. BoA & Citi

Message 31 of 44
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: How You Would Rank the Customer Service of All Your Issuers

1. Chase (far and away the best!!!)
2. CapOne & Barclays
3. Comenity

Citi's not even on the list, because they've been inexplicably rude to me.
Message 32 of 44
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:
2. CapOne & Barclays
3. Comenity

Oh yeah. I try not to deal with their regular CS that often. Their EO is way better than anyone working in normal CS though. They got my APR reduced with no problem. Still hate their BS about how the Citi Forward cards can't be PCed to anything else and I'm not interested in having any more EX HPs until after December when I go for my BCE so yeah.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:
2. CapOne & Barclays
3. Comenity

Oh yeah. I try not to deal with their regular CS that often. Their EO is way better than anyone working in normal CS though. They got my APR reduced with no problem. Still hate their BS about how the Citi Forward cards can't be PCed to anything else and I'm not interested in having any more EX HPs until after December when I go for my BCE so yeah.

If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to PC your Citi Forward?  Why not keep your grandfathered terms for the 5x in dining/Amazon/bookstores/entertainment?  You can just get a Thankyou Premier to transfer those points if you want full value in the Thankyou points, but you can never again get the 5x in those categories in any of CIti's new cards.

Message 34 of 44
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

1. Chase and NFCU. By far my two best. It's not really close with any of my other cards.

2. Discover

3. USAA

4. Citi

5. Amex

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 35 of 44
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:
2. CapOne & Barclays
3. Comenity

If you don't mind me asking, why would you want to PC your Citi Forward?  Why not keep your grandfathered terms for the 5x in dining/Amazon/bookstores/entertainment?  You can just get a Thankyou Premier to transfer those points if you want full value in the Thankyou points, but you can never again get the 5x in those categories in any of CIti's new cards.

I have the college version of the card that never came with 5x on dining unfortunately.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 36 of 44
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:
2. CapOne & Barclays
3. Comenity

That's been the same experience here. CSR's first told me no way for PC to DC recently then another call to a different CSR allowed it no problem. If you can, when dealing with Citi, i find it's far best to go through their EO dept. They might even give you a personal direct line straight to their office which is very useful when discussing terms, PC etc.

Message 37 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I rarely call, but of the times I do:

1) Capital One   (usually inflexible front-line reps (not their fault)) but solved issue for me when needed (also EO good)

and much lower

2) Citi: certainly messes up sometimes, but also sometimes gives correct useful answers

3) Amex: often clueless

4) Penfed: Pure incompetence

Haven't really had much to do with Barclays, Chase or US Bank

Message 38 of 44
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Well I would have to say-

(1) Discover, Chase, USAA, Navy Federal & Amex

(2) Citi

(3) Comenity

(4) Capital One

(5) Sync/GEMB (People speak very poor english

(100) Bank of Africa Number 1 losers as far as I'm concerned! Tried to take payment from non-existent BofA checking account, plus continued to debit checking account AFTER mortgage was paid off!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwduke wrote:

Well I would have to say-

(1) Discover, Chase, USAA, Navy Federal & Amex

(2) Citi

(3) Comenity

(4) Capital One

(5) Sync/GEMB (People speak very poor english

(100) Bank of Africa Number 1 losers as far as I'm concerned! Tried to take payment from non-existent BofA checking account, plus continued to debit checking account AFTER mortgage was paid off!

@Anonymous @ Bank of Africa...

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.