1. Amex

2.psecu

3.barclays

4.synchrony

Message 41 of 44
surehit
Regular Contributor

Re: How You Would Rank the Customer Service of All Your Issuers

1.) Chase - CSP Line - I've never had to wait on hold except once or twice right after the Target breach, and there is no phone menu; plus the reps are super friendly.

2.) AMEX - Mostly competent employees who seem to want to help

3.) BoA - Despite an initial issue with them I now have the direct line of someone in the EO and I haven't had an issue since

4.) Discover - They haven't been rude or anything, but they aren't particularly helpful

50000.) Capital 1 - They gave me a $250 limit on a card with them and have refused to raise it, even after multiple calls to the EO. "I have an American Express with a 9k limit and cards from Chase with limits of 5k+, can you at least give me a $500 limit?" "No sir, we really just aren't comfortable extending that much credit to you at this time, you should try again at a later date" *facepalm* I keep the card open just out of spite and so that I can call in and waste their time asking for CLIs haha. 

AMEX Platinum Gold - NPSL | Citi ThankYou Premiere 20k | NASA Platinum Rewards - 20k | Alaska Airlines Visa Signature - 5k x 5 (Not sure why I needed 5.... but still....) | Amex Blue Cash Everyday - 21K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 15K | Ritz Carlton Card - 10k | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k | BECU Visa - 3k |Barclaycard Rewards - 2k | Chase Amazon Rewards - 1k | Discover IT Student - 500 | Chase Slate - 500 | Walmart Store Card - 700 | BBY CitiBank - 1500 | BBY CitiBank -1000

Eq (MyFico) 767 | TU (FICO) 759 | Ex (FAKO): 749
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Chase

2. Discover

3. Capital One

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@surehit wrote:

1.) Chase - CSP Line - I've never had to wait on hold except once or twice right after the Target breach, and there is no phone menu; plus the reps are super friendly.

2.) AMEX - Mostly competent employees who seem to want to help

3.) BoA - Despite an initial issue with them I now have the direct line of someone in the EO and I haven't had an issue since

4.) Discover - They haven't been rude or anything, but they aren't particularly helpful

50000.) Capital 1 - They gave me a $250 limit on a card with them and have refused to raise it, even after multiple calls to the EO. "I have an American Express with a 9k limit and cards from Chase with limits of 5k+, can you at least give me a $500 limit?" "No sir, we really just aren't comfortable extending that much credit to you at this time, you should try again at a later date" *facepalm* I keep the card open just out of spite and so that I can call in and waste their time asking for CLIs haha. 

You should totally hit the CLI button daily on your CapOne just to irritate them and then call in every month to EO till they 86 your account. Smiley Tongue

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.