cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is BOA's Customized Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How accurate is BOA's Customized Offers?

I have a prequalification for the BOA Cash Awards which seems ridiculous as I burned BOA 10? years ago in a charge off. I stll get leters every now and then. I never filed for chapter7.

Of course the offer expires today for the $150 bonus.

I have Cap1 Secured Sock Drawered. Amex Blue Cash not currently being reported as it's only the 2nd statement cycle. Looking to get in with another bank and still haven't decided which. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: How accurate is BOA's Customized Offers?

For me the offers have been rock-solid. Does it have one APR listed or a range?
Message 2 of 3
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: How accurate is BOA's Customized Offers?

BoA pre-selected offers are meaningless. My first BoA app was in response to a "pre-selected" offer and it resulted in a denial followed by a hilariously unproductive recon call.

That said, getting approved is not terribly hard with them.  I eventually got 2-for-1 approved with them once I let a couple months pass from my last EX inquiry and about a month from my previous new account.  By then I was already up to 6 EX inquiries and 8 accounts in the previous 5 months.  EX score was around 750.

Not sure how the charge-off will play.  Did you ever pay them back?  If not, I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.