cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is Bank Of America Credit card offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How accurate is Bank Of America Credit card offers?

I've done the same, then checked EX (which is who I believe they pull) and DO NOT see any SP's. Based on that, I did not pull the trigger. Will wait until EX is cleaner and higher. The good news is that AMEX did a SP on their pre-qual site for me (no offers though), so after 10.5 years I may, just may, be off their blacklist.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed Experian doesn't show SP Anymore. I wish I could see if they did or not.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can check EX SP by going through the dispute process and not disputing anything.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

O yea.... that's right
Message 14 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
In all honesty I will say that this is the first time anything has come up on their site for me. Usually it says "sorry but you might like this"..... an my score had actually increased from a low of 655 to 670. Although when I recently got approved for the Marriott card it drop 14 points. All this according to Experian. Com.

Just because it gives an APR range, only indicates it is not certain. Which cards do you have? Is this a card that fits into your long term plans?

BofA can be a good CCC to get started with.

Until you app, you won't know.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have BOA Signature Visa with them plus I have been banking with them since 09. I have chase (3) 1 at CL 4200 another at 5k recently opened and 1 at 2k CL. Plus i have Barclays, Discover an Cap 1.
Message 16 of 19
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have BOA Signature Visa with them plus I have been banking with them since 09. I have chase (3) 1 at CL 4200 another at 5k recently opened and 1 at 2k CL. Plus i have Barclays, Discover an Cap 1.

I keep getting their Pre-Qual offers but it's just not the card and terms i'm looking for so it goes to visit Mr. Shredder.

Message 17 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

BOA's offer is nothing more than a recommendation based on what you said you were "interested" in. They are telling you which of their cards would suit that. It has nothing to do with being a personalized preapproval and it is not even a prequalification.

Message 18 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have a boa cash rewards credit card and I do my main banking with boa. I have never had anything prequalified with them but whenever I would check my offers, it used to say "sorry we don't have any pre-qualified offers for you but you might be interested in these cards... now it just says to check this card out. 

does boa actually give a prequal with a specific apr like chase and cap 1 do? im just curious, no more cards for me lol. i know the  concensus is like discover's site, its just fool play but is there an actual legit looking prequal from them lol? Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 7.11.50 PM 1.png

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.