Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is card match?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How accurate is card match?

errr... I don't think it's quite accurate....

Message 51 of 79
Shock
Established Contributor

Who do they soft pull? I only get matched for first premier cards.
 photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 52 of 79
hsspres
Contributor

Hmm.. I just went to CardMatch, entered my info and received "CONGRATULATIONS! You have qualified for the following Special Offers. We've partnered with major issuers to show even better offers to well-qualified customers like you. These are offers you won't find elsewhere on our site."

It listed for me 5 AMEX cards and 8 Capital One cards.  Seems kinda fishy to me since I just went to the AMEX pre-approval site the other day as per my post http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Pre-Approval-Site-Experience/m-p/3464423#M958391an... had no "special offer" available.

FICOs 6/17 - EQ 751, EX 749, TU 760
Message 53 of 79
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure YMMV. I also don't get any preapprovals on the Amex site. But I still got an instant approval on a BCE. I get 28 cards in my list when I use that. I do have a feeling that the Amex list is promotional marketing though. Kinda like the Discover preapproval link.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 54 of 79
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

errr... I don't think it's quite accurate....

Sad face i have been looking for that PRG offer all of this summer and still nothing don't think amex likes me presently , 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 55 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

Sad face i have been looking for that PRG offer all of this summer and still nothing don't think amex likes me presently , 

I'd say try applying it or at least check credit match, hell.... if I got "prequalified" for it, pretty sure you won't have any problem getting accepted.

Message 56 of 79
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I'd say try applying it or at least check credit match, hell.... if I got "prequalified" for it, pretty sure you won't have any problem getting accepted.

oh i am pretty sure i would get card the bonus not so much. Its all about signup bonus for me since its an once in an life time signup bonus with amex cards. 

Message 57 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

oh i am pretty sure i would get card the bonus not so much. Its all about signup bonus for me since its an once in an life time signup bonus with amex cards. 

about signing up bonus, the ones offered on card match is totally different than the ones offered on amex website, like BCE for example, card match is offering 150 bucks for 500, amex is only offering 100. but if you click the apply button through card match, then you get the card match offer on amex site. i think that's kinda weird, or is that like special offer only those going through card match?

Message 58 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just visited that site to see what I would be qualified for. OK so after I put my info the results come back that they recommend American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card and The Platinum Card® from American Express at my current credit scores it would be an easy decline. I just think they offer that card to everyone cuz I think they get a kick back from those who actually get approved. Just IMHO 

Message 59 of 79
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just visited that site to see what I would be qualified for. OK so after I put my info the results come back that they recommend American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card and The Platinum Card® from American Express at my current credit scores it would be an easy decline. I just think they offer that card to everyone cuz I think they get a kick back from those who actually get approved. Just IMHO 

For the record I don't get any pre approvals from Amex on card match. I think it's due to me having an amex card already.  BCE is preventing me from getting sign up bonus for any other  amex cards on card match or amex site 

Message 60 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.