How am I looking in terms of Inqs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How am I looking in terms of Inqs

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, please try the pre-qual on the Citi site and see if they offer you anything.  I check it everday and I'm not on their radar yet.  I'll be so happy when Barclay and Citi start sending me offers.

All of my apps except for the Overstock have been cold apps. None of the prequals have jack to say to me, lol.

You know discover says they'll give you an it.  I wonder what it is that triggers the prequals?  I think partially it has to do with them picking you up off your address or something.  How do they work, I wonder?  Or are they finding you, Nixon, and because you're not over 700 you don't get the instant, but on further examination they see the rest of your fundamentals are solid enough to where you can make a strong case for reconsideration?

9 of the approvals were instant. 1 was a multi-recon (Sallie Mae), 1 was AMEX 5 day app hold and then instapproval by computer.

My fundamentals make me a great candidate despite my very old baddies (2 unpaid C/O's due to fall off early next year)

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, Red, have you tried to put in any pre-qualification websites yet? Citi, AMEX, and Chase tend to be very accurate most times. 

You know I havent done that in awhile. I will run a check now and report back about the results. 

I do not have any Chase offers. I do not recall if I have ever had any chase prequal offers show up to be honest. When I check citi I see the citi TY premiere card and below that they have the non-af HHonors card. I would assume if I qualify for the non-AF one I should be able to get the AF version. I don't know where to go to check Amex for prequal offers. 

See, this is exactly my point.  I know Chase will give you at least a Slate, if not a CSP if you applied right this minute.  It's like some banks can't see certain people for whatever reason so they can't soft pull you.  I wonder why certain banks pick up certain people and other ones see other people.  

Message 22 of 26
red259
Super Contributor

I have spent 2.6k on a 12k credit line with Chase 1.8k of which is due on 1/10. My freedom card is paid down to 0 and I'll be making my ink bold payment in the next day or so. Since its not past the due date will this impact my chase app? I got a lot of expenses to pay down and wouldn't mind having until the due date to pay (I don't intend to carry the balance as I don't want to eat the interest). I paid $200 awhile back which was well over the min payment and I just did that to show some sort of payment activity this cycle before apping. I can pay it down more if necessary before apps, but really prefer not to do so until work payments come in during January. A solid credit line on a new chase card would be benefical to me though for util purposes.   

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 23 of 26
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, Red, have you tried to put in any pre-qualification websites yet? Citi, AMEX, and Chase tend to be very accurate most times. 

You know I havent done that in awhile. I will run a check now and report back about the results. 

I do not have any Chase offers. I do not recall if I have ever had any chase prequal offers show up to be honest. When I check citi I see the citi TY premiere card and below that they have the non-af HHonors card. I would assume if I qualify for the non-AF one I should be able to get the AF version. I don't know where to go to check Amex for prequal offers. 

See, this is exactly my point.  I know Chase will give you at least a Slate, if not a CSP if you applied right this minute.  It's like some banks can't see certain people for whatever reason so they can't soft pull you.  I wonder why certain banks pick up certain people and other ones see other people.  

I have a CSP and I would be going for a co-branded Hyatt card which I would think would be an easier approval in general. I would be suprised if I could not get a slate. I just get very insecure right before an app cycle. A lot is riding on this series of apps, because it will allow me to close out one amex card and downgrade another voiding the AFs and the other two cards are an intergral part of my vacation plans. 

;
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, please try the pre-qual on the Citi site and see if they offer you anything.  I check it everday and I'm not on their radar yet.  I'll be so happy when Barclay and Citi start sending me offers.

All of my apps except for the Overstock have been cold apps. None of the prequals have jack to say to me, lol.

You know discover says they'll give you an it.  I wonder what it is that triggers the prequals?  I think partially it has to do with them picking you up off your address or something.  How do they work, I wonder?  Or are they finding you, Nixon, and because you're not over 700 you don't get the instant, but on further examination they see the rest of your fundamentals are solid enough to where you can make a strong case for reconsideration?

Because he's THE Nix, the man with golden keyboard when it comes to credit cards.  I dunno why the credit industry loves him like they do.

Message 25 of 26
red259
Super Contributor

Ok so my final lineup for cards that I am going for and the order I am going in is:

1. Barclays arrival+

2. citi hilton

3. amex everyday

4. chase hyatt

Anyone think I should app in a different order? Not sure if these lenders all pull different reports or not. 

;
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.